By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo Will Go Bankrupt, Sony to Buy Them?

DamnTastic said:
TheLegendaryWolf said:
DamnTastic said:
TheLegendaryWolf said:
It's more likely the opposite will happen, but not soon.

none will happen.

Nintendo will continue to loose market cap and sony to gain in 2014 though

PS4 is a beast, but Sony as a company isn't doing financially well.

Sony is still doing a turnaround story after 2012. 
I've been looking into sony lately and I'm pretty sure they'll recover. And I'm not saying this because the ps4 is a 'beast'. Game is the second smallest division of sony but it seems to be the division that gets the most media attention.

Yeah, they are making some good decisions outside the playstation division.

The Xperia smartphones are getting better and better. With the water resistence they have a unique selling point. And with the Xperia Z1 compact there is finally a powerful Android smartphone available, which can be controlled with one hand... I hate the phablet trend.

Shrinking the movie division was also long overdue: http://www.theverge.com/2013/11/22/5132704/sony-will-shrink-movie-division-in-order-to-keep-it-alive

The TV division has a less rosy future... good image quality was always very important to me (high resolution, sharp pictures, good viewing angles and color accuracy) and hence I was an early adopter of high quality computer monitors, DVD-players, a 720p-projector, HD-DVD, Blu-ray, a 1080p-projector, a 1080p-TV and an iPad 3. But even I don't see great demand for 4k-TVs... FullHD is good enough for most of the population, many don't even see the difference between 1080p and 720p in normal viewing distance.

Around the Network
Conina said:
DamnTastic said:
TheLegendaryWolf said:
DamnTastic said:
TheLegendaryWolf said:
It's more likely the opposite will happen, but not soon.

none will happen.

Nintendo will continue to loose market cap and sony to gain in 2014 though

PS4 is a beast, but Sony as a company isn't doing financially well.

Sony is still doing a turnaround story after 2012. 
I've been looking into sony lately and I'm pretty sure they'll recover. And I'm not saying this because the ps4 is a 'beast'. Game is the second smallest division of sony but it seems to be the division that gets the most media attention.

Yeah, they are making some good decisions outside the playstation division.

The Xperia smartphones are getting better and better. With the water resistence they have a unique selling point. And with the Xperia Z1 compact there is finally a powerful Android smartphone available, which can be controlled with one hand... I hate the phablet trend.

Shrinking the movie division was also long overdue: http://www.theverge.com/2013/11/22/5132704/sony-will-shrink-movie-division-in-order-to-keep-it-alive

The TV division has a less rosy future... good image quality was always very important to me (high resolution, sharp pictures, good viewing angles and color accuracy) and hence I was an early adopter of high quality computer monitors, DVD-players, a 720p-projector, HD-DVD, Blu-ray, a 1080p-projector, a 1080p-TV and an iPad 3. But even I don't see great demand for 4k-TVs... FullHD is good enough for most of the population, many don't even see the difference between 1080p and 720p in normal viewing distance.

Indeed, sony need to do some drastic moves with their TV division like Panasonic.

2013 was the worst year of sony pictures since 2005, but if you look at the 2014 movie line-up with movies as spiderman, pompeii, robocop, 22 jump street, about last night.. etc. I'm pretty sure they will top 2013.

Stop with this shit, Sony fans get an enough bad rep already

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

not going to happen even if sony had the the money to do so because nintendos major IPs are losing relevance constantly. if this trend continues i'm sure hardly anyone gets exited for a new mario or zelda in a few years. but maybe the find a way to work together, who knows...