By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Whats the dumbest, stupidest question anyone has ever asked you?

This topic is in the running?

Note: Some games in my collection are no longer owned, but have owned.

Around the Network

Here's a few from this girl waaaay back in my senior year of high school. To put this the proper perspective, we were in a college level English class, so, one would have to assume, we would be dealing with the best and the brightest of the school.

#1) While discussing philosophy, the teacher brings up Jesus. The girl (who will be know forthwith as Girl) looks up and asks, in a totally serious tone, "Wait, so Jesus came after the dinosaurs?" There was much tittering and gnashing of teeth. The teacher, calmer than he should have been, explained that, indeed, Jesus came a wee bit later than the dinos. Not to be shaken, Girl responds, "But Jesus was the first person, so there had to be dinosaurs!" Heads were rubbed, and laughing ensued. To this day, no one explained why we laughed, it just seemed cruel to torment her further.

#2) Girl on the subject of the moon landing:
"My uncle says that the moon landing was fake."
Teacher: "Why does he think that?"
Girl: "Because, in the video you can see shadows, and there can't be shadows on the moon, because there is no gravity."
A general sigh crosses the room.
Teacher: "What does gravity have to do with anything?"
Girl: (in a condescending tone) "Because, on the moon, the shadows would float..."
At this point at least one person (myself) hit my head on the desk.

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Check out my daily drawings here and help keep me on task!

why is it most of these questions seem to come from girls???

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

Switch: SW-5066-1525-5130

XBL: GratuitousFREEK

When I worked at Steak N Shake, we had someone ask if they could have a cheeseburger without cheese.  And they were serious. 

Around the Network

Back in 11th grade biology a girl in my class asked the teacher "Is it true that all babies are born female and then some of them grow penises and change into boys?" I was in disbelief and the entire class stared at her. The teacher looked dumbfounded. That same girl has said some other really stupid stuff but thats easily the worst.

Gamertag: KillswitchTris PSN ID: KsET665 Wii Friend Code: 8415 6393 6330 0940 (PM me if you add me)
Feel Free To Add Me Tag: LISMDK - Extremely bad taste in music

I remember in 7th grade a girl was confused in geography class.

"I thought New York was the most eastern state in the US...."

PSN ID: Sol_Protege     Wii:154209933064989 

"how are you?"

When we are about 8 years old my sister threw this one out there :

"Do we live on the moon?"

Both my parents and myself were in the car and had no idea how to reply, because she was being serious. We finally just said, "No, why would you think that?" She says, "I dunno, we dont see Santa Clause but we believe in him, but I can see the moon so " I still give her a hard time about that one, I mean it has like no logical explanation what so ever but she tried to explain.