By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Iwata: "we´re thinking about a new business structure"

This is not good at all. I was going to buy a WiiU tomorrow, since I am traveling to a big city today, but this changes everything =/

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network

Mobile. That's what I think it means. Also, the next console may be a hybrid, but that's not for a while.

WagnerPaiva said:
This is not good at all. I was going to buy a WiiU tomorrow, since I am traveling to a big city today, but this changes everything =/

In all reality only good things can come up from this mess. Sometimes people needs a reality-check, Iwata is a person too, he can make mistakes but seems like atlast he is willing to change what wasn't working. This is a blessing for Nintendo fans to be honest.

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

Well I for one will have my eyes pinned on Nintendo's IR page on January 30th to see what comes of all this.

I didn't want to think so but Nintendo is in serious trouble. Even with the lucrative handheld market, it's not doing enough to keep Nintendo out of the loss column.

Around the Network

I hope its not a business where its normal to think 1 mario game can outsell the competition with lots of third party content.

DanneSandin said:
I hope they realize and understand that their games won't play well on smartdevices! IF they're considering smartdevices, hopefully they'll test the waters with some old NES games, but I highly doubt that's the right decision.

Today is a strange day, isn´t it?...it feels like in the future, one might perhaps refer to "Nintendo pre January 17 2014" and "Nintendo post January 17 2014".

Really wonder what´ll come out of this.

fucking finally

TheLegendaryWolf said:
BeElite said:
3rd party, id love me some PS4 X and Zelda.

Keep on dreaming. Maybe when Uncharted 4 is on XB1 and HALO 5 on Wii U.

Given how things are going.  Ninty is the safest bet to drop hardware and go 3rd party of the 3.  Their greatest success for the past decades has been software, might as well let some one else waste billions on hardware.

they can still keep making handhelds.

Really hope they don't just put their games on smartphones.
If that happens, I'll probably have another mental breakdown.