By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Iwata: "we´re thinking about a new business structure"

superhippy420 said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Ninty came out with a 3rd party focus and it didn't work.

Exactly.  They banked on COD / Mass Effect / Rayman / ZombiU / and all the other 3rd party games they got early on carrying them until their big titles were ready and it blew up in their face.   Hopefully now they get the point and get more games out already. 

3rd party is filler and means little to ninty fans. Ninty forgot wht sales there systems and it killed them. lets hope theyback on track.

Around the Network

Maybe the new business structure is making games the market wants, having enough competency to see what is selling and make their own games like that.

cant be to hard, even nintendo might be able to see reality and get over their kiddi fetish.

3rd parties don't want to develop on Nintendo consoles regardless of specs/graphical horsepower. They know they can't compete against 1st party games on them and run away. If sales were at 10 million right now, 3rd party support would still be relatively scarce, even if the Wii U was 2 times stronger than PS4, 3rd parties will always find an excuse to why they won't make decent ports of multiplats on the Wii U.

If Nintendo sells their stuff on phones, it's going to be Apple exclusive and I'm calling it first. Apple and Nintendo share the EXACT same philosophy in almost every way. Both believe in closed gardens. Both believe in the idea that software is better when built around hardware etc. IOS isn't fragmented either like Android and the piracy is FAR lower. Developers make alot more money on IOS.

So IF it happens, expect Iwata to walk on stage at the next iPhone unveiling. (psst, I don't think it'll really happen though).

BeElite said:
Maybe the new business structure is making games the market wants, having enough competency to see what is selling and make their own games like that.

cant be to hard, even nintendo might be able to see reality and get over their kiddi fetish.

I agree that Nintendo needs to see what sells well that the so called kiddi fetish is why they outsold the 360 and PS3 last gen.

Wii Sports + Wii Sports Resort sold 110 million.

Wii Fit + Wii Fit Plus sold - 44 million.

Mario Kart Wii sold - 34 million.

Galaxy 1 + 2 - 18 million.

Uncharted 1+2 + 3 - 16 million

Bioshock 1,2 and Infinite - 10 million

Killzone 2 + 3 - 5.4 million

Gears of War 1,2,3, and Judgment - 20 million.

Microsoft and Sony have no idea what most people really want.  Call of Duty, FIFA, and GTA carried them throughout the entire generation and have continued to do so on the PS4 and Xbox One.   Why do you think the Vita is such a massive failure.  Sony thought people actually wanted Uncharted,Killzone,Resistance and LBP and it blew up in their face.   The only reason the PSP did what it did was Grand Theft Auto and Monster Hunter, and without the 3rd party support, Sonys own IP is worthless.

Around the Network
superhippy420 said:
BeElite said:

I agree that Nintendo needs to see what sells well that the so called kiddi fetish is why they outsold the 360 and PS3 last gen.

Wii Sports + Wii Sports Resort sold 110 million.

Wii Fit + Wii Fit Plus sold - 44 million.

Mario Kart Wii sold - 34 million.

Galaxy 1 + 2 - 18 million.

Uncharted 1+2 + 3 - 16 million

Bioshock 1,2 and Infinite - 10 million

Killzone 2 + 3 - 5.4 million

Gears of War 1,2,3, and Judgment - 20 million.

Microsoft and Sony have no idea what most people really want.  Call of Duty, FIFA, and GTA carried them throughout the entire generation and have continued to do so on the PS4 and Xbox One.   Why do you think the Vita is such a massive failure.  Sony thought people actually wanted Uncharted,Killzone,Resistance and LBP and it blew up in their face.   The only reason the PSP did what it did was Grand Theft Auto and Monster Hunter, and without the 3rd party support, Sonys own IP is worthless.

Why insent your second best seller driving wiiu sales ?  seems WiiFit is faling big time.

A year of sales surpassed in a month by their competitor, WiiU sales in the toilet.  Sure shows nintendos own Ips are worthless based on your way of thinking.

Exactly what does one fad driven console prove, look at GC N64 before it, and wiiu now.   Those big sellers on Wii, Wiifit MArio what are failing to drive hardware right now.  They sold were cause it was a fad, now those same franchises are failing in the proving the fact most know, wii was a fad.

By the way bundles, you can still grab a wii mario kart bundle.   

pezus said:

That is way off the mark. Nintendo doesn't make good hardware, plain and simple. By that I mean the developing environment could be a LOT better and the power should be greater. Nintendo's devs would only benefit from being able to use less limiting hardware like Sony's.

shhhh thats blasphemy, the all knowing all powerfull ninty kiddigod will smite you!

Only reason ninty games are great casue they are on  weak yet magical ninty hardware, repeat 100 times and you are forgiven.

pezus said:
BeElite said:
pezus said:

That is way off the mark. Nintendo doesn't make good hardware, plain and simple. By that I mean the developing environment could be a LOT better and the power should be greater. Nintendo's devs would only benefit from being able to use less limiting hardware like Sony's.

shhhh thats blasphemy, the all knowing all powerfull ninty kiddigod will smite you!

Only reason ninty games are great casue they are on  weak yet magical ninty hardware, repeat 100 times and you are forgiven.

To me they aren't real Nintendo fans if they think Nintendo would actually make worse games on better hardware. Why do they think the long software drought happened last year?

Blind and delusional.

It be like me pretanding naughty dog would not make a great game on 360 X1 steam or PC..... hardware does not make great games, great devs make great games.  Lots of horespower just makes it that much better.  Hell im sure ND would make a great game on WiiU.

pezus said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
chris_wing said:

There is that illogical emotional reaction again, sigh.  Anyways, reported.

And yet you report me... Interesting... The reason why I don't think Nintendo should go third party is that they need their Hardware to make Nintendo Quality games... Just look at Sega, one of the main reasons that they don't make good games anymore is cause they don't have their own hardware to work with that goes with their own specifications... They have to deal with whatever the other console manufactures have and have to learn new code and how to work with the OS

I don't think Nintendo choose the hardware they chose if their own developers didn't want it... The wiiU is made to Nintendo's specifications, not someone elses... Granted its on a budget but the OS and how the hardware is made and how the GPGPU can do both cpu intensive work as well as gpu intensive and etc (read the article on neogaf) is based on what Nintendo's developers requested... They would not benefit at all to going into Sony's/MS's platform even if thats x86 because Nintendo's developers have not developed a single game on x86 platform... Their first party studios may have but not the main Nintendo developers so unless Nintendo wants to retrain all of their developers, it won't benefit them at the start what so ever

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Its the end of Nintendo as we know it and I feel fine.