By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Website issues / slowdown

supermario128 said:
Its most likely wiiforever doing all the spamming.
We know that, but the best thing to do right now is to not pay any heed to the spammer - attention is their aim with all of the spamming that they are doing.  If we stop paying attention to them, they will eventually stop their bad behavior.

Around the Network
ioi said:
Yeah there are some measures we can take to block the spammer, they need to get a life whoever they are.

See, now that's what I was thinking!

ioi said:
I commented on the NPD data in the NPD thread, what do you want me to say?

And yes, this spammer is getting slightly annoying

ioi, I totally missed your comment but I was told you said you wouldn't adjust VGC numbers based on January's NDP report. I understand this is your site, your data and you can do as you wish but I would kindly like to ask you why don't you trust the OFFICIAL NDP data like everyone else? MS, Sony, Nintendo, the whole press and almost all gamers out there consider NDP the official sales data, why don't you?

I find it kind of frustrating that you treat NA differently when NA clearly as good monthly data from NDP. I will still hang out at VGChartz, like the forums and stuff, but every time something like this happens I trust VGC less... now I have to jungle between NDP data and VGC data to know how much consoles were sold instead of getting the data straight from VGC, not good at all.

PSN ID: krik

Optimistic predictions for 2008 (Feb 5 2008): Wii = 20M, PS3 = 14M, X360 = 9.5M

You should look into being able to delete the posts completly... thats not cool.

The site is running real smoothly now.

Might I add ioi, it would nice to have the online indicator under each user avatar when in a thread, so you can tell who is online.

Around the Network

Cool, ioi did you take my idea in consideration?

Runs great now, thanks ioi.

VGCHARTZ PRESENTS:

BI-WEEKLY LEAGUE
All VGCharterz welcome!!!
PSN: Al_Kickurass, Official Warhawk League Thread!!!-> http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=21937
ioi said:
Site is now on the new server, so this should be the norm for speed.

Good, then make "View all posts" option available. =)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

ioi said:
ecurbj, what idea?

I was suggesting it would nice to have the online indicator under each user avatar when in a thread, so you can tell who is online.

BTW, the speed is awesome ioi!

Wow. tasty speed, even from a Wii. (page loaded in under 0.2 seconds)

Hopefully it won't go haywire like last time though.... we had incredible speed for about a day then everything went wrong for a week.