By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Website issues / slowdown

Crap another spammer well I still believe this huge spam attacks are because of the NPD numbers or is one of the reasons;.

Around the Network
konnichiwa said:
Crap another spammer well I still believe this huge spam attacks are because of the NPD numbers or is one of the reasons;

xD

Slightly annoying?

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

@ ioi

Also will the "view all posts" link actually be working? It'd be great to be able to use that so we can actually see why people got/get banned.

(God, I feel like a reporter asking all of these questions).

It's reassuring to know that the slowdown problem is intentional and only temporary. Looks like you have got your work cut out for you keeping the rest of the site in presentable fashion. Good luck.

Around the Network

^ I meant after the new server will "view all posts" be back, becuase I remember reading you say that somewhere.

Also, the spammer is beyond "slightly annoying"... Guess you've never tried to load a page with seven or eight hundred lines of text, and delete thhem all when the site is barely movint.

But that's beside the point. Can you guys IP ban him? I know you're doing all that you can do and thanks in advance!

@ ioi

Thanks for the quick response!

May I add that this is a very nice way to ask you questions.

Do you think that you could make this a weekly thing? Like come on for half an hour, and people can ask questions directly at you, instead of cluttering your inbox or things like that. I quite enjoy being able to ask questions and get direct responses.

New server, cool. What are the specs/hardware?

Its most likely wiiforever doing all the spamming.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Yea, good job with the servers. I was wondering why it was going so slow when I was trying to add boxarts. I had to stop halfway through because the site completely stopped responding and i was worried I got temporarily IP banned.

As for the spammer, If we even had a 30-60 sec timer between posts, a spammer would get bored really fast. Also, It would only irritate people like soriku who posts >30 posts a day.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)