By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - December 2013 NPD Thread! - Everything is in the OP!

Well, I'm seeing USA numbers in VGC and IF NPD NUMBERS DOESN'T COUNT BUNDLES (until now i'm not sure if this is true or not), PS3 software numbers are very much spot on. Maybe GT6 retail+bundle didn't sold 375k but maybe around 300k. GowA 783k retail+100k bundle can sum the 870k figure we have in VGC. TLOU according to NPD sold 1473k, considering it was bundled this christmas easily sold another 100k with bundles suming total around 1600k like VGC says. Other games like KH 1.5, Ni No Kuni are in the acceptable margin of error too.

So, good work for VGC.

Around the Network

So the Wii U sold better than Vgchartz expected, but the 3DS looks to be overtracked, which further shows that the 3DS has reach its peak already.

Also I think this got lost yesterday, so maybe we can talk about this now:
http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=220587%29

Can someone explain to me how they detemined that they have 12.5mil active Wii players in France in 2013???

DerNebel said:
So the Wii U sold better than Vgchartz expected, but the 3DS looks to be overtracked, which further shows that the 3DS has reach its peak already.

Can someone explain to me how they detemined that they have 12.5mil active Wii players in France in 2013???

Players /= units sold ;) I don't know, they're expecting brothers and sisters that own a Wii, to buy a WiiU each?

And for PS4/Xbox One, if Ps4 sold 864k in December, this is basically a statistical tie with Xbox One. And is curious that if you sum 1138k+864k (Nov+Dec) you get 2002k, almost exact 2m, and considering NPD are estimations too, it seems obvious Sony shipped 2m in USA and sold EVERYTHING.

Seece said:
DerNebel said:

Players /= units sold ;) I don't know, they're expecting brothers and sisters that own a Wii, to buy a WiiU each?

I thought it was something like that. You're really stretching it here Nintendo :D

Around the Network

So what are the final numbers ???
is there a link going through 90 pages is a pain.

Someone tell me cause I don't feel like reading through the posts.

How many Sony fans played the worldwide card > America card? Because this happens every time Sony loses a NPD. I bet Ethomaz played the "supply" card and took random pictures of X1's in a store.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:

How many Sony fans played the worldwide card > America card? Because this happens every time Sony loses a NPD. I bet Ethomaz played the "supply" card and took random pictures of X1's in a store.

I will do you one better, Sony won NPD 2013 .

AnthonyW86 said:
sales2099 said:

I will do you one better, Sony won NPD 2013 .

Ok.....but they still lost December, since that is what I am talking about.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:

Haven't seen the WW card yet. It's not fun using it anymore when it trumps everything.

Of course the supply card is the most popular play here.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.