By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - December 2013 NPD Thread! - Everything is in the OP!

zorg1000 said:
ethomaz said:
I think Vita needs first a real Monster Hunter game... after that some good JRPGs.

That wont really help in the USA

Well, you cant win everywhere ( except if you're a 3DS or a PS4), Vita will live well in Japan and decently in europe.
It's enough i think for a system most called " dead"

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network

Aqua.

Last month Sony sold 1138K PS4 consoles.

This month Sony sold -24% fewer consoles.

Now it is easy... 864k

Apparently this was posted in NeoGaf. Take as a complete grain of salt.

Seems like the numbers were extremely close, going by a pie chart posted by Neogaf insider Creamsugar(always posts NPD sales numbers)

WiiU 480-485K
PS4 900-905K
Xbone 908K
PS3 299K
Psvita 95K
Wii 151K

And my apologies for overlooking the pie graph a few posts back.

The Xbox brand during the 2013 holiday season sold 3,453,132 units (Xbox 360 + One Nov/Dec Combined) compared to the PlayStation brand, which sold 2,891,372 units (PS3 + PS4 Nov/Dec Combined).

The Xbox brand sold 19% more units than the PlayStation brand.

Homeroids said:
Apparently this was posted in NeoGaf. Take as a complete grain of salt.

Seems like the numbers were extremely close, going by a pie chart posted by Neogaf insider Creamsugar(always posts NPD sales numbers)

WiiU 480-485K
PS4 900-905K
Xbone 908K
PS3 299K
Psvita 95K
Wii 151K

PS4 is 864k confirmed already... Wii U 481k.

Around the Network

So the WiiU was undertracked.... I was wrong. One of the few instances where I am happy that I am wrong.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Incredible Xbone performance. Wii U better than expected. PS4 yield issues confirmed.

Aerys said:
zorg1000 said:
ethomaz said:
I think Vita needs first a real Monster Hunter game... after that some good JRPGs.

That wont really help in the USA

Well, you cant win everywhere ( except if you're a 3DS or a PS4), Vita will live well in Japan and decently in europe.
It's enough i think for a system most called " dead"

Well I assumed he meant it would help in USA since this is NPD thread. But Vita isnt really doing decent in Europe, according to this site it was down 37% YOY. As of now they havent announced any games that would make me think sales will be better this year. Japan its doing good in though.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

bananaking21 said:
DanneSandin said:
Tagging. This will be mighty interesting!

we can hope for meltdowns. 

I'd much rather see joy and happiness across the board :D

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

DirtyP2002 said:
Goremichel said:
looooool I alsway read NPD. Do you know what NPD in germany is?? The successor of the NSDAP the party of Adolf Hitler. Thats why I must often laught when I read this :D

The NPD is not really the successor of the NSDAP. It was founded almost 20 years after WWII was over. But this is off-topic.

Not official successor, but every kind of german people are in these opinion. For most germans NPD is almost the same attitude like NSDAP

Zelda - Breath of the Wild for Nintendo Switch.... Incredable!!!