By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - December 2013 NPD Thread! - Everything is in the OP!

MoHasanie said:
Soundwave said:
MoHasanie said:
Wow, good for X1, MS, and this sites tracking! Its great X1 won December after most people on this site were so sure PS4 would win easily!

360 was way overtracked, but its sales are great for a 9 year old console.

GT6's sales are terrible. I didn't expect it to sell that badly. Now I really don't think GT is the playstation's biggest exclusive. Its not that strong, or its not strong as it once was.

Naughty Dogs games (Uncharted and TLOU) are Sony's remaining "big" IP and possibly God Of War too, but even that seems to be on a decline. 

The rest of Sony's catalog is fairly weak as far as sales go (not talking about quality). 

Well TLOU only has had one game. 

I agree about Unchartered though. It sells 6-7 million. 

Yea if Sony loses Gran Turismo as a huge seller then they have major problems.  Uncharted is big but how many of those can they really release before people lose interest.   At this rate PS4 could triple Wii U's console sales and Nintendo would still move more 1st party software.

Around the Network

When will we know PS4 numbers for December ?

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Aerys said:
When will we know PS4 numbers for December ?

The estimate based in the pie is ~900k... can be few k under or over.

Edit - That's what we have for now.

superhippy420 said:
MoHasanie said:
Soundwave said:
MoHasanie said:
Wow, good for X1, MS, and this sites tracking! Its great X1 won December after most people on this site were so sure PS4 would win easily!

GT6's sales are terrible. I didn't expect it to sell that badly. Now I really don't think GT is the playstation's biggest exclusive. Its not that strong, or its not strong as it once was.

Naughty Dogs games (Uncharted and TLOU) are Sony's remaining "big" IP and possibly God Of War too, but even that seems to be on a decline. 

The rest of Sony's catalog is fairly weak as far as sales go (not talking about quality). 

Yea if Sony loses Gran Turismo as a huge seller then they have major problems.  Uncharted is big but how many of those can they really release before people lose interest.   At this rate PS4 could triple Wii U's console sales and Nintendo would still move more 1st party software.

It's kind of eerie really how much a ying/yang fit Sony + Nintendo would be together. They are strongest pretty much exactly where the other is weakest (PS4/Wii U, 3DS/Vita, 1st party/3rd party, etc.). 

Now from @Valkyria...

"Final image. The real image is over my chart, you can see how my numbers are still off for a perfect match:"

It is like I said few k under or over.

Around the Network

I know that Ethomas and Pezus said certain things about PS4 in December's NPD. I also know that that small difference between them does not show the fact that PS4 is completely sold out in the United States,

In my eyes MS winning NPD by that amount with abundant stock

Soundwave said:
superhippy420 said:
MoHasanie said:
Soundwave said:
MoHasanie said:

It's kind of eerie really how much a ying/yang fit Sony + Nintendo would be together. They are strongest pretty much exactly where the other is weakest (PS4/Wii U, 3DS/Vita, 1st party/3rd party, etc.). 

Sony and Nintendo may up being the same company at the rate its going. 

damn, not really an MS win at all. 900k is just great sales but i bet they wanted a bigger win deep down. Fact remains it was solid and they should be proud anyway

Remember, according MS PR, x360+x1 = 46%
100% = 3372

3372 - (X360 + X1) = 1821

PS3+ Wii+ WiiU + PS4 = 1821

This graph says:
299+150+480+900 = 1829
So would be like
298+149+479+896 = 1822

this is the most accurate we can get i think

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko