By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - December 2013 NPD Thread! - Everything is in the OP!

RolStoppable said:
DerNebel said:
Oh god, creamsugar always makes such a game out of giving information nobody cares about before getting to the interesting stuff. So Just Dance sold 800k on the Wii, that's really what we're all dying to know.

Actually, that's very interesting information in light of the recent threads around here. Many people are claiming that the Wii audience has moved to smartphones, tablets etc., yet here we are over a year after Nintendo abandoned the platform and the Wii almost pulls off a 1m seller in December alone. Further evidence for what a piece of trash the Wii U is, because if Nintendo had stuck with their guns, they could have moved a whole lot of people over to N6 without much effort. But completely messed up priorities caused major problems.

Well a certain percentage was always going to stick with it for a little while longer. Anyway my point is, that most people are waiting for 3 things right now and those are PS4, 3DS and Wii U hardware numbers and instead of giving us those he gives us Just Dance Wii sales -.-

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
So far for Xbone...

Hardware: 1.8m
Software: 5.2m (2.9 ratio)
Retail: 4.8m
Digital: 0.4m

Damn, I'm guessing people were satified for a few weeks with the F2P and Plus games.  Either that or Sony is seeing plenty of digital sales.

GT6 sales for now

GT6:
US; < 180k
Japan 300k
France 145k
Germany 100K

Vita has no vitals in the US of A...

thismeintiel said:

Damn, I'm guessing people were satified for a few weeks with the F2P and Plus games.  Either that or Sony is seeing plenty of digital sales.

I guess from the 9.7m retail + digital sales for PS4... only 700k is digital.

Digital is weak compared with retail... most people didn't buy digital games.

A good example is Minecraft... it was one of the best selling digital titles of the last gen but whne it launched on Retail it started to track in the top everytime... even this year Minecraft did good on digital.

What that means? A lot of guys just didn't buy it before because it was digital only.

Around the Network

Ok that's it I'm going to bed. It's past 4am here already and creamsugars "dramatic pauses" are way too long for me to keep waiting.

Cream.

ps4 ltd

cod
bf
ac
2k14
kz
nfs
KNACK
logo

example: cod>800k, 150k>logo>100k

I think this means that many people wait perhaps months until christmas to buy a Wii U, so most of the people buying it must be adults for their kids, and not adults for themselves, that is why the christmas boost is greater for it than for other consoles.

benji232 said:
I know that this is a NPD thread, but here are official Nintendo numbers in 2013 in France:

Nintendo of France GM Philippe Lavoue, has shared some 2013 sales numbers for Pokemon X & Y, Wii U, 3DS, 3DS, and Super Mario 3D World.

“3DS: 1 million+ (64% plus year over year) YTD (over the expectations)”
2DS: 180k
Pokemon X and Y: 584k YTD
The Wii U sold 178k in 2013 in France.
3D World: 98k YTD

http://www.challenges.fr/high-tech/20140116.CHA9317/pourquoi-nintendo-pense-faire-mieux-que-sony-et-microsoft.html

Hi me :)

ethomaz said:

thismeintiel said:

I guess from the 9.7m retail + digital sales for PS4... only 700k is digital.

Digital is weak compared with retail... most people didn't buy digital games.

A good example is Minecraft... it was one of the best selling digital titles of the last gen but whne it launched on Retail it started to track in the top everytime... even this year Minecraft did good on digital.

What that means? A lot of guys just didn't buy it before because it was digital only.

Probably.  And I'm sure Sony is crushing them in SW sales WW.  I look forward to all the talks from MS about sales (unless they are overall sales) being in reference to the US.