By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Fantasy X fans, let's talk about Kimahri!

Tagged games:

Do you like Kimahri?

Yes 33 56.90%

No 25 43.10%

Total:58

haha never used him, then I got to Mt Gagazet and got my ass handed to me by those 2 dbag ronsos

Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:
aikohualda said:
my kihmari went to rikku's grid... I barely use my kimahri unfortunately....

i did not have any space or job for kimahri unlike quistis or quina... btw should've named him quimarih... to follow the q blue magician :P

rikku (thief and fast attacker)
auron (heavy hitter)
tidus (support for hastega)
lulu (mag attacker)
wakka (main attacker... that hit reels is evil)
yuna (healer... only use summons of the hunting monster)

kihmari.... ah that special event when you have to use him....

Ah yeah, that would've been cool seeing his name with a Q, lol :P

If you're planning on getting the HD remaster, or just playing through it again any time... you should think about using him more often, he can do the same job as multiple characters while only taking one space in the front line, for example, I've gone down Yuna and Lulu's paths with him, so he's a healer and black mage, with their magic nodes too, added magic to his weapon, and even though the numbers aren't quite as high as either Yuna or Lulu (Although he still works wonders), he only takes one spot in the front line, so you could have two melee attackers, a black mage and a white mage, all in one... with Steal and Use if you decide to break off and get them (I ALWAYS get them first with him!), but it really just depends on how you decide to play, I mean, for the most part, I keep him as a melee character since that's primarily what I see him as, and once I've gone down Auron's path (See my first post), I actually use him over Auron, lol :P

my kimahri build revolves around... waiting to the calm land and getting the level 4 so he can access the ultima earlier... then yuna/lulu grid followed by rikku since he is slow....

but on my experience... i prefer yuna's grid since yuna can be fragile and i can use him as a back-up healer... and lulu's 1mp and fury make her an exclusive black mage....

have you notice how flexible rikkku's character? for some reason i think i almost finished the whole grid for rikku and some of my friends also had rikku the most grid coverage... i feel like that her character level faster for some reason.....

how did you build yours?

my lulu went to yunas main grid then rikku....

my wakka went to auron's then tidus grid....

my rikku well... went everywhere...

tidus went to auron...

yuna went to lulu then rikku...

rikkus starter grid is awesome because of the hp sphere if i remember right....

My way of leveling Kimahri is switching him out of the party as soon as I can and then ignoring him completely henceforth :)

I think he's the worst "spear character" of all FFs. Probably because I never liked blue mages. Except Quina of course.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I thought Id like him when I first saw him, then he ended up being shafted because I didn't like using him much.

vivster said:

My way of leveling Kimahri is switching him out of the party as soon as I can and then ignoring him completely henceforth :)

I think he's the worst "spear character" of all FFs. Probably because I never liked blue mages. Except Quina of course.

What about generic blue mages, like ones from FF5, FF7(enemy skill,) FFTactics Advance?  They've got some easy to learn low MP costing powerful magic.  On FFTA, blue mages get the best stats when leveling up also.

Around the Network

First off I thought he had good character design.

And I also liked how hid did not speak much and when he did his words had meaning.

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

kupomogli said:
vivster said:

What about generic blue mages, like ones from FF5, FF7(enemy skill,) FFTactics Advance?  They've got some easy to learn low MP costing powerful magic.  On FFTA, blue mages get the best stats when leveling up also.

Just not my Style, I'm pretty conventional. I also avoid red mages. I play the characters I like and not who has the best stats.

I usually like the spear wielders but Kimahri is the odd one out.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

One of the Final Fantasy's most forgettable main party members.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

His singing was embarrassing.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

People are saying that they didn't use him much, what I did personally was block with the characters I didn't use, and that way I could gain experience for my whole party.