By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bruceongames: SSBB will not be a big game for 2008

IllegalPaladin said:
fkusumot said:
IllegalPaladin said:
Uh oh, as the writer wills it.... so it shall happen.

But seriously, I giggled a little bit. I may not own a Wii, but SSBB would be THE reason I would want to go out and get one at this moment.

And... you're a hardcore gamer, right? So your reason doesn't count. Only the mini-game waggle-fest party-casual gamers count when it comes to the Wii. Right?

I'm not really sure how I triggered that response from you and I'm not even sure how where the hell you're coming from. I mean, I found it funny that the OT's link is actually saying that SSBB 'wont be a big game for 2008' (as the title implies) and I complimented how good SSBB is by my excitement to play it like I did the original and Melee before it despite the fact that I don't own the console.

I don't think I can make that sound anymore like praise for SSBB unless I made a trolling Wii post. Whatever because according to you, my interest in SSBB doesn't count. lol, what's all that crap about 'mini-game waggle-fest' for? Should I just say the Wii sucks to make you feel better even though that's not how I feel?

I think he's being facetious.  Playing off Bruce's assertion that only hardcore gamers will buy Brawl.  And of course...you're not even a Wii owner, yet it'd be your game of choice.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network
BenKenobi88 said:
IllegalPaladin said:
fkusumot said:
IllegalPaladin said:
Uh oh, as the writer wills it.... so it shall happen.

But seriously, I giggled a little bit. I may not own a Wii, but SSBB would be THE reason I would want to go out and get one at this moment.

And... you're a hardcore gamer, right? So your reason doesn't count. Only the mini-game waggle-fest party-casual gamers count when it comes to the Wii. Right?

I'm not really sure how I triggered that response from you and I'm not even sure how where the hell you're coming from. I mean, I found it funny that the OT's link is actually saying that SSBB 'wont be a big game for 2008' (as the title implies) and I complimented how good SSBB is by my excitement to play it like I did the original and Melee before it despite the fact that I don't own the console.

I don't think I can make that sound anymore like praise for SSBB unless I made a trolling Wii post. Whatever because according to you, my interest in SSBB doesn't count. lol, what's all that crap about 'mini-game waggle-fest' for? Should I just say the Wii sucks to make you feel better even though that's not how I feel?

I think he's being facetious. Playing off Bruce's assertion that only hardcore gamers will buy Brawl. And of course...you're not even a Wii owner, yet it'd be your game of choice.

Yep. I was being facetious. Bruce sets it up so that if anything he doesn't like sells well that's bad (because it's casual or something), and anything that sells that's hardcore is bad news because it doesn't sell better than the stuff that is casual. I still blame Wii Fit.

Hawk said:
Bruce is bias against the Wii. And every time someone points out the numerous obvious flaws in his theories, he calls them fanboys.

His "industry professional" friends must enjoy seeing his constantly flawed blogs, because they apparently have not showed him the error of his views. Heh.

I'll find it amuzing to see how many times he'll get banned from VGChartz before he gets the idea he should not try to plug his blog on here constantly.

I noticed that he is an "industry professional" yet I have seen better analysis from 15 year olds here on VGChartz. He is actually banned for a year.

fkusumot said:

Yep. I was being facetious. Bruce sets it up so that if anything he doesn't like sells well that's bad (because it's casual or something), and anything that sells that's hardcore is bad news because it doesn't sell better than the stuff that is casual. I still blame Wii Fit.

Omg, so you mean that no matter what happens he has crafted his predictions so he can twist the the results into something that fits his view? Isn't that the sort of thing you would expect someone who can't handle reality to do?

I mean that just doesn't sound like him at all....

To Each Man, Responsibility
Renar said:
Technically Bruce is right about one thing. SSBM will *NOT* be the biggest game in 2008. The biggest game in 2008 will be a casual game. We all know it, even the PS360 fanboys that don't want to admit it. It will be the same biggest game as 2007. It's called Wii Sports.
Actually the biggest game releasing in 2008 will be SPORE, no doubt about it.

Anyway, Bruce is wrong, SSBB may not be the biggest, but it's definitely one of the BIG games this year.

BIG GAMES in 2008 (sales, not quality):

GTA IV
Mario Kart Wii
MGS 4
SPORE
Starcraft 2
SSBB
Wii Fit
World of Warcraft: WotLK

Around the Network

You forgot Mario Kart

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Bruce is an absolute idiot, SSBB will be one of, if not the biggest wii game this year and possibly, the biggest game of 2008.

SSBB was/is the one game I expect to blow through my "prediciton" the hardest, but I still think Mario Kart will do better!

PS: Bruce is the biggest asshole of them all, there's just no beating him in general retardedness and stupidity. Reminds me of a joke;

A poor sod late for work is speeding through Oslo, watching minutes creep away and picturing getting fired. Upon starting to cross a highway bridge, he is waved in by a police officer with a grim face. Another police officer walks over to the car as he pulls over and stops, this one holding a laser in his hand and has an even more grim face.
The driver slaps his forehead as the cop starts to write a ticket for him, and struck by a small pang of guilt, the cop decides to small talk to ease the situation a bit;
"Good morning, sir. Seems you were a bit hard on the throttle today, late for work?"
The driver nods with an exasperated look on him.
"What do you do?" asks the police officer.
The driver displays an evil and short grin and starts;
"Well, since you ask, I'm an asshole stretcher." The policeman stops writing, genuinly intrigued and motions for him to carry on.
"I take tiny assholes and start expanding them with a finger, then two fingers, and eventually an entire hand. After a while, both hands go in and I can start the actual strethcing. I stretch and stretch, all the way until the asshole is roughly six feet tall, and then I proceed to give him a uniform and a laser and place him on a highway bridge on the following morning..."

Its a true story, and apparently the policeman liked the joke so much he tore the ticket and sent him off with a warning, all the while laughing hard. Only in Norway...

I don't think he hates the Wii and loves the PS3 or anything like that. He's just an old guy who doesn't play games and has no idea what makes gamers tick, but still tries to be an analyst. His perception of the current console generation is built upon what happened during the last few generations, and he can't understand what's going on with gamers choosing the less powerful Wii over the HD consoles.

I like how you call radar guns "lasers" hehe.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )