By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bruceongames: SSBB will not be a big game for 2008

Gamerace said:
I agree with him... to an extent. SSBB will be too frantic a game for many new gamers. Heck, I sometimes struggle with Mario Strikers frantic energy, and my daughter certainly won't touch that game (although she does play SSBM - poorly). It is easy to learn, and some, as bruceongames acknowledges, new gamers will get it, but I think a large portion of new gamers will just ignore it. To that I agree.

However, I think a lot of gamers own Wiis as a second console (or first) and they will all get it, and a lot of hold-outs will finally cave in and get a Wii as well. I think the % of 2 console owners this gen will be very high with a lot of hobby gamers as he puts it owning Wii60 or PSWii. Therefore, I disagree sales will be limited in any way.

I think the one thing we all agree on is the Wii is the best system to play with friends over, and SSBB definately fits the bill for that. It will be a major seller.

The only time someone will be intimidated by the game is if they are jsut learning but start paying against some one good.A number of the Wii's owners have just bought their systems and have never played anything before. So none of them are even good at melee, they basically start at 0. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but playing with your kids this game would be helluva fun time. Everyone would screw up and not know what to do etc. Perfect family fun if you ask me.

Around the Network

Yes it'll be one of the biggest games for 2008, there is no doubt. Will it be the highest selling game of the year? I don't know... but it will rank in the top 20 for sure. Most likely easily making the top 10.

So if top 10 selling games of the year isn't "good" then I don't know what is...

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

What an idiot! XD

SSBB won't be a big game... It will be a huge game!

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

"Whilst" I agree he is a retarded idiot, he does... uh... no, he doesn't make a very good point.

It's success in Japan just about shows that it should do very well everywhere else. It'll probably outsell Melee in the next 2 weeks. I also expect it to have decent legs in Japan (compared to Melee that is), and it should do really well in NA and Europe first week. I even made a thread comparing Halo 3 first week sales compared to SSB:B first week sales, and with the help of Japan, it's going to be pretty close, assuming that Nintendo has enough stock.

Will it be the best selling game of 2008? Maybe. Maybe not. Will it be a big game for 2008? Do I even need to answer? 

Around the Network

this year will turn out to be quite a shock for Wii fans. WAY too much overestimation on their part.

Bruce is just a idiot who wants more hits and comments on his bloq that ’ s why he says all this bs.

This is what I posted on the blog. "Are you serious. Brawl and Smg are the only games that target all gamers. DO you know how many casuals bought smg. I bet there were more casuals than cores who bought that. Also melee and ssb were games casuals bought. SO for what reason are these games only targeted to the core?"

Wow, OP I wished you showed the whole article because it goes on with increased stupidity.

"Another thing against SSBB is that there are a lot more HD consoles (Microsoft Xbox 360 and Sony Playstation PS3) in the world than there are Wiis. And most HD console owners are gamers. So gamers games brought out on both HD consoles have the potential to massively outsell SSBB, even if they are not as good as games. GTA IV will sell several times as many as SSBB. And by the end of the year there will be many HD titles that feature on the annual charts ahead of SSBB."

21.5 Wii's to 26.5 HD consoles, with that gap closing every single week. I would not consider that a huge advantage for "HD consoles". This whole paragraph just reeks of old arguments and Wii Bingo.

___O_o______ said:
this year will turn out to be quite a shock for Wii fans. WAY too much overestimation on their part.

OMG, yet another "Wii is doomed" post...

Seriously, can you see the future? How can you know this game isnt gonna sell? Why dont you base your statements on facts, rather than guesses or own desires?

As of late, numbers have showed quite the contrary, so the one dissapointed at the end of the day will be you.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies