By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Last of Us Winning Game of the Year is Disappointing (To Me Atleast)

Tagged games:

FlamingWeazel said:

NAme 1 AAA game that doesn't ahve a single cut scene? 

TAKE THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!1!11!!11

Around the Network

I play games for their story, and not because I want to get in the next level.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
FlamingWeazel said:
LOL the attempts to make tlou sound bad in this thread are golden, It's a movie, just a shooter,....none of which are remotely true. Most coming from fans of other consoles too, odd that no?

It´s ok people prefer other games to win goty but holy shit, some people talking about this game trying to prove that more than 200 gaming sites/magazines are totaly wrong is hilarious, some excuses just show that people didnt even played it before trashing it or they are simply  mad their favourite game didnt won and feel the need to trash the winner in the most ridiculous aspects.

Pretty pathetic.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
FlamingWeazel said:
LOL the attempts to make tlou sound bad in this thread are golden, It's a movie, just a shooter,....none of which are remotely true. Most coming from fans of other consoles too, odd that no?

It´s ok people prefer other games to win goty but holy shit, some people talking about this game trying to prove that more than 200 gaming sites/magazines are totaly wrong is hilarious, some excuses just show that people didnt even played it before trashing it or they are simply  mad their favourite game didnt won and feel the need to trash the winner in the most ridiculous aspects.

It's really adorable how you begin that post with a logical statement about how differing opinions are ok, but then in the rest of the post, whine and cry about those opinions because they must be wrong.

What exactly has anyone in the thread said that would show they haven't even played it or are just mad and wanna bash it in "ridiculous aspects"? The game has some big issues for some people. Like the level design, game design, AI, lack of immersion, stealth, or survival aspects, just for starters. Some can overlook that or don't have as big a deal with those shortcomings as others and that's fine. I don't see the need to enter a thread where there will obviously be critcizing of a game just to bitch about said criticizing. Who cares? I have seen a few threads about the billions of GOTY awards LoU has won, but I haven't been obligated to post in any of them just because I disagree.

I honestly found Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag and Tomb Raider more immersive than Last of Us, but the best game i played in 2013 was A Link Between Worlds because of its polished gameplay and marvelously designed open world.

Around the Network
J_Allard said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
FlamingWeazel said:

It's really adorable how you begin that post with a logical statement about how differing opinions are ok, but then in the rest of the post, whine and cry about those opinions because they must be wrong.

What exactly has anyone in the thread said that would show they haven't even played it or are just mad and wanna bash it in "ridiculous aspects"? The game has some big issues for some people. Like the level design, game design, AI, lack of immersion, stealth, or survival aspects, just for starters. Some can overlook that or don't have as big a deal with those shortcomings as others and that's fine. I don't see the need to enter a thread where there will obviously be critcizing of a game just to bitch about said criticizing. Who cares? I have seen a few threads about the billions of GOTY awards LoU has won, but I haven't been obligated to post in any of them just because I disagree.

@bolded, that's basically the whole game having issues lol.

Smartest nam evila

Current Platforms: HighendPC[rip]/PS4/PS3[rip]/Vita[rip]

Man, don´t say that, I want the Horror genre to make a comeback, the last of us winning game of the year is my best chance =D

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

The Last of Us definitive GOTY.

As an actor, I get very hoity toidy when people say a game had great performances. However, I will admit that the last of us had some fantastic production values in that regard, probably the best in a game ever. The actual story was okay and completely predictable IMO.

Gameplay wise, the game showed me everything it had to offer about 5 hours in.

Shooter?

This game deserver more... GOTG to be fair.