By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Muliplayer or Single player

Of course, both are good. If I had to pick- Single Player.

And remember, you can play most single player games with more than 1 person. Like when I play The Legend of Zelda and my bro says "bomb there."

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

Around the Network

both.

Multi player, since I have 3 siblings its a lot of fun. Even when I do play single player its funner if someone is there watching you.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

I prefer single player most of the time, unless friends are over and then it has to be multiplayer. I'm not big on online unless it's with friends and we're playing co-op.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

multi.

Around the Network

Hmm... Most of the games I've spent huge amounts of time with over the years have been single player stuff like wRPGs and strategy games, but there's been quite a bit of multiplayer stuff. I used to play a lot of online with my PC, but after getting back into consoles I've been more into splitscreen and SSMBish one screen multiplayer.

Btw, is the common way to write it "single player" with a space and "multiplayer" with no space? This stuff is so much easier in languages like Finnish and German where everythingiswrittentogether. =P

I would go with multiplayer

It depends on the game. Halo and CoD are MP franchises with solid single-player campaigns. Some of the best combinations of the two around. BioShock simply wouldn't work, make sense, or be as great with a multi-player component. It just doesn't fit the environment, story, or anything. While the Splinter Cell series has multi-player, I view it as a BioShock. It doesn't make sense to add multi-player components to stealth/man on the run games while the competitive nature of a military/war FPS naturally lends itself to a great (and long-lasting) multiplayer experience.

The same applies to platformers. I am a strong opponent of multi-player in platformers. If we start seeing multi components in games like SMG, Banjo, R&C, etc., I fear the game length and single-player components will go the way of the TPS/FPS genre. If I start seeing 10 hour or less platformers, I think my head will explode. I put up with it in FPS because most modern FPS games that are worth a damn have both a co-op and a multi-player component that doesn't get old... I don't see that happening in the platformer genre. There will never be a super-competitive platformer that has the multiplayer legs of a CoD or Halo.

In short, I love 'em both. But there is a time and a place for each experience. Some genres lend themselves well to MP, others lend themselves better to SP. Very few have a decent mix of both.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Well, I'd never buy a multiplayer-exclusive (or practically exclusive) game, because even if you're as cool and social as I am, your friends aren't always around. No game can do without a single-player mode. I think I prefer single-player games, because they usually have a lot more atmosphere and story, and can be played whenever I want.

I drink your milkshake.

rocketpig said:
It depends on the game. Halo and CoD are MP franchises with solid single-player campaigns. Some of the best combinations of the two around. BioShock simply wouldn't work, make sense, or be as great with a multi-player component. It just doesn't fit the environment, story, or anything. While the Splinter Cell series has multi-player, I view it as a BioShock. It doesn't make sense to add multi-player components to stealth/man on the run games while the competitive nature of a military/war FPS naturally lends itself to a great (and long-lasting) multiplayer experience.

The same applies to platformers. I am a strong opponent of multi-player in platformers. If we start seeing multi components in games like SMG, Banjo, R&C, etc., I fear the game length and single-player components will go the way of the TPS/FPS genre. If I start seeing 10 hour or less platformers, I think my head will explode. I put up with it in FPS because most modern FPS games that are worth a damn have both a co-op and a multi-player component that doesn't get old... I don't see that happening in the platformer genre. There will never be a super-competitive platformer that has the multiplayer legs of a CoD or Halo.

In short, I love 'em both. But there is a time and a place for each experience. Some genres lend themselves well to MP, others lend themselves better to SP. Very few have a decent mix of both.

Well said. I get tired of people trying to tack on multiplayer to every game that comes out because of some absurd notion that it will make the game better. Some genres are just meant to be played alone, and certain genres meant to be played together.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229