By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I can't add a game to my collection.

Welcome to VGChartz, when the site was fragmented the database became broken and it looks like they dont have any plan to fix it

Around the Network
pbroy said:

Make your own excel database. That's what I ended up doing. This site was the greatest videogame database known to man during the VGC 2.0 days. Now it's gone into a wiki database on Gamewize. Which won't let you add the exact game versions you have, just the game in general. There currently isn't one great database out there that I know of. They all lack in some features which other ones may have.

Yeah, this used to be the only place I would ever go for information.  I spent a lot of time building my collection here.  Then I had to rebuild it over at GameFAQs.  I think that database is pretty good.  It even has some features that VGC didn't.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

I've been using Backloggery for a while now but I need to update it properly as my collection is very different to how Backloggery shows it, still it's a good site, (hence the sig). I noticed this sites database was in bad shape when I tried to add my PS3 collection and found 1 in 4 games wouldn't add; I may however take a look at VGCollect now that people have suggested it.

okr said:

In your profile go to Games => enter armored edition in the "Add Games" Box => Select the appearing Wii U game via the Wishlist button => go to your Wishlist => select the same game via Add button and it appears in your game collection (My Games).

Own experience over the past 6 and a half years: VGC once had one of the best videogame databases around. The days of the TalonMan. Those days are long gone.

Yeah it's so sad they destroyed the database when they tried to push that sister site (forgot the name).

I loved the ability to oversee all my owned games and also participate in the discussions on individual game pages. Those days are long gone.

Now I can't add Call Of Duty Black Ops 2 for the Wii U :( This is working so badly!

Around the Network

I haven't add a game in a long time. Why did they stop supporting the database?

Now I can't add Mortal Kombat for the PS Vita :(

what do you mean?  You can t add it to your collection or you won t becase it is bad?

Can't add it to my collection here in VGC :S

is this something thats ever gonna get fixed/updated?

i dont get it the games and there box art are displayed in the weekly sales update so why not for us to add to collection?

Play Me