By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Lightning Returns FF XIII Review - 4 / 10

Yeah this game isn't just going to do well. At least as an FF title. I get that they wanted to fix the flaws that the first game had with the sequel but honestly, who was asking for another game? Fans are over lightning and these Xiii games.

I love this series but I hope this bombs hard.

Around the Network

4/10 sounds waaaay too harsh. Judging from the review, the game deserves a 5 at worst.

And I also don't really care. I loved XIII, but haven't played XIII-2. I played the demo and it was pretty weird, but this one still looks pretty cool to me, I'll be sure to give it a try.

But it makes you wonder why they even made XIII-2 to begin with. After X-2, I'm pretty sure people were not exactly happy about another direct sequel in the main series. And then they do ANOTHER SEQUEL? It will bomb, but unlike popular belief, not because the series is dead, but people just don't care about anything other than the main series, with some exceptions. It has always been like that, and Square should give up trying to treat these spin-offs as major releases on the series.

artur-fernand said:

But it makes you wonder why they even made XIII-2 to begin with.

So they can make more money while reusing the same assets. The reason for most sequels.

It seems like I'll be able to buy it cheap.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I'll get it on the cheap.

Around the Network

At least in the ending Lightning and her peers arrive on France and thus are unlikely to ever bother the FF universe again. Au revoir!

Level and skill capping, shit story, annoying cast, they've really stuck to that formula, haven't they? At least the battle system is good...

Yep, SE really messed up on the FFXIII saga. smh. Lightning should have stayed in Eorzea when she had the chance.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

they should have never created 13-2 and this. Why take what is arguably the weakest final fantasy story and extend it? Not to mention the fact 13 ended the story, and they had to do some very weak rewrites to the end in 13-2 to have it make sense that the story even continued.

I miss the square of old...

FinalFantasyXIII said:
Anfebious said:

Could be! It also doesn't help that FF XIII had a ridiculous story, I think I ended the game without understanding what the hell happened o_O.

No more ridiculous than FFIV where Porom and Palom saved Cecil and his party. 

I think objectively, theres no way to say FFXIII is good.

But your personal opinion and your personal tastes may make it enjoyable.