By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Lightning Returns FF XIII Review - 4 / 10

Square Enix has to learn making crap games is only acceptable for iOS.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
Anfebious said:

Oh snap that's not good at all. To be honest I dislike the direction FF XV is taking. I rather have a more traditional Final Fantasy game and frankly the mythos in Final Fantasy XIII is shit. 

Damn you Square...

From what I've seen and heard , Type-0 came out quite well even if it was related to the mythos. I think the main reason why people disliked XIII was cause of its characters, the stories revolved around them and the gameplay change from previous games.

The Mythos itself is actually quite decent, it just gets clouded by the characters who revolve around it ;P.

Could be! It also doesn't help that FF XIII had a ridiculous story, I think I ended the game without understanding what the hell happened o_O.

My problem with FF XV though is how the battle system looks like. It's more like a Kingdom Hearts to me and I don't want that direction for Final Fantasy.

Who knows though, it might end up being great! I just have lost a lot of faith in Square...

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Kresnik said:
Two very good points brought up in this thread so far:

- I'm really looking forward to playing Lightning Returns, but if it's reviewing like this I might just wait a month or two until it's in the bargain bins.

- He gave XIII-2 a 5/10. I really, really loved XIII-2. Therefore I don't much care for this review.

Thats why I think the text is so much more important than the score at the end. This seems to be a reviewer who uses the full 0- 10 scale, with 5 beeing average.

I have liked a lot of "average" (or games that other people think are average) games over the course of the years.

Btw. didn´t FF XIII-2 drop to 15 pounds in just one or two weeks in the UK ? I remember that someone talked about the price dropping even faster in Britain than in america.

I think this is a good indication that the series is dead. I think It's about time it's put into a coffin and burred

That's okay.

The reviews of Final Fantasy XIII, which I enjoyed, have taught me that I can't count on the opinions of the internet regarding Final Fantasy games. They will never, ever be reviewed objectively.

Around the Network

Hmmm, not looking good. I feel most/all of these ideas should have been poured into vanilla Final Fantasy XIII rather than stretching the 13th entry out like this.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

orniletter said:

Thats why I think the text is so much more important than the score at the end. This seems to be a reviewer who uses the full 0- 10 scale, with 5 beeing average.

I have liked a lot of "average" (or games that other people think are average) games over the course of the years.

Btw. didn´t FF XIII-2 drop to 15 pounds in just one or two weeks in the UK ? I remember that someone talked about the price dropping even faster in Britain than in america.

Mmhmm.  XIII-2 wasn't average, though.  At least in my opinion.  XIII was an "average" game and XIII-2 was "excellent with a few flaws".  So if Lightning Returns is scoring 1 point less than XIII-2, then that bodes well I suppose.

And yes, it did.  I wonder if retailers will be so keen to pick up excessive stock this time around.  Possibly not, so it might not drop in price so quickly.

I'd care if these guys gave FF13-2 a good review and then LR got a 4/10. Thing is, they didn't, so I'm pretty sure all 10 of us that enjoyed the past two games will probably enjoy this one too.

Sounds like it's going to be great then!

DakonBlackblade said:
So another hater reviewing a FFXIII game, whats new here exactly ?

More like another terrible square enix game