By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Did DMC4 360 really outsell the PS3 version in EU?

The extra ten Euros is probably the killer for the PS3 version.

Around the Network

Look ,the game sold better on 360 in UK grabbing 60% of the sales for 40% of the PS3 version .

That 20% of difference in UK sales is in no way enough to counter the fact that the game is in every european chart with the PS3 above the 360 version .In some charts as Germany the PS3 has both the normal and extended edition on the Top Ten (combined it would be the top selling game of the week ) while the 360 version doesnt appear in the Top Ten .

In the spanish charts the PS3 has normally 3-4 games in the Top Ten and the 360 none .Burnout Paradise for example was second for last week in PS3 version (first was Wii Play ) and the 360 version didnt appear at all .

Italy just the same .Portugal is one of the more PS3-biased places .

Aside from UK the PS3 has surpassed the 360 in every country and DMC4 on the PS3 has outsold the 360 version in every country sometimes by big amounts the 360 version not showing in the Top Ten in some cases .

Uk is the biggest market in Europe but smaller than any other two of the big ones put toghether .Spain +France is bigger than UK ,France+Germany is bigger than UK too ,even Spain +Italy is potentially bigger and had bigger userbase last generation .That 60-40% difference in UK is not nearly enough to compensate the PS3 outselling the 360 version everywhere else (and sometimes outselling it badly ) .

DMC4 360 might have appeared at the 11th spot in all those charts, and probably had enough sales to at least keep up, and when all was said and done, they sold very similar numbers.

The biggest question is why Capcom is screwing their PS3 fans over?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

The only actual charts you have are Germany and Sweden, Germany has about 700k X360 + PS3 sold, the UK has about 3 million, Sweden is far smaller than either.

It really shouldn't surprise you therefore that the UK has far more of an influence on the overall others numbers for X360 and PS3 games than Germany and Sweden.

Around the Network
MikeB said:
Strategyking92 said:
well, seeing you're a rabid ps3 fanboy, I can't really beleive you can I? You also forget about the fact that xbox360 has a bigger install base in asian countries that aren't japan.

Well first of all I am not boy, you're a 15 year old boy. And I prefer to be called a tech enthusiast, thus my interest in the PS3.

With regard to the 360 having a bigger install base at this point in Asian countries I have no exact data on that, other than having read statements that the PS3 is overall considerably outperforming the 360 there, while the PS2 still reigns supreme.

I think what you're saying is that you're a fanboy.

And yeah, i'm 15, and I got my best years ahead of me, you past yours by playing yur leetz ps1!??!?

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

MikeB said:
mrstickball said:
MikeB - ever notice that the UK is a much, much larger market than the markets your talking about, and *maybe* the fact the UK version sold about 1.5:1 would be enough to merely send the X360 version 4,000 units over the PS3?

Europe is made up of many small markets, the UK market is a small market as well, which by itself is a small minority of the whole.

Are you kidding?  The UK is by far the biggest console videogame market overthere.  Also although Mrstickball was being cautious in his numbers (probably to not set off insecure fanboys) the truth is that DMC4 360 is outselling it's PS3 counterpart in the UK by 2:1.  In the very market in Europe that DMC4 has it's biggest appeal by far.  I'm willing to bet more copies of the game were sold in the UK than the rest of Europe combined.

Legend:

Are you kidding? The UK is by far the biggest console videogame market overthere. Also although Mrstickball was being cautious in his numbers (probably to not set off insecure fanboys) the truth is that DMC4 360 is outselling it's PS3 counterpart in the UK by 2:1.

No, mrstickball wasn't cautious, he simply knew what he was saying. Exact ratio was 61:39.
http://www.chart-track.co.uk/?i=523&s=1111

yadda yadda ps3 game X/system undertracked in region X blablabla

same shit every day

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Legend11 said:
MikeB said:
mrstickball said:
MikeB - ever notice that the UK is a much, much larger market than the markets your talking about, and *maybe* the fact the UK version sold about 1.5:1 would be enough to merely send the X360 version 4,000 units over the PS3?

Europe is made up of many small markets, the UK market is a small market as well, which by itself is a small minority of the whole.

Are you kidding? The UK is by far the biggest console videogame market overthere. Also although Mrstickball was being cautious in his numbers (probably to not set off insecure fanboys) the truth is that DMC4 360 is outselling it's PS3 counterpart in the UK by 2:1. In the very market in Europe that DMC4 has it's biggest appeal by far. I'm willing to bet more copies of the game were sold in the UK than the rest of Europe combined.

The UK is the biggest uniform gaming market within Europe, but it's a small minority of the European gaming market. Compare it with this: Paris is the biggest city in France, but most French people don't live in Paris.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales