By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Seriously Why Doesn't Microsoft Just Buy Sony?

Ahh the Microsoft way...forget innovation and building onto the industry, just buy em and be done with it!

Around the Network

Another thing if you watched Sony's CES 2014 which for me is my first CES being dedicated to new technologies.
Just saying if you watched to you will understand what I mean =

Sony dose not have anything going for them as a company people say bit to be honest they make the best cameras.
Eg: for Sony being innovative = the first 4K camera.

At CES Sony also mentioned and showed us there most failed products and said without mistakes you don't get better as who you really are. They also meting something called WoW and that products such as =

The Walkman 1979-80s.

Some CD thing they made for music in the 70s = sorry guys to sound stupid but I am not sure what it was.

And even Sony PlayStation 1994.

My point is they are trying to find the right root to success and WoW there consumers with some future products.

Blood_Tears said:
Ahh the Microsoft way...forget innovation and building onto the industry, just buy em and be done with it!

It works for Microsoft. They wouldn't have broken into the industry without Halo.

Also think about it this way to a M$ they do some things right and they do something's wrong as a company and every other company.

People hate M$ for there laziness sometimes also eg: Windows problems faulty products, software for people was a pain in the ass until Apple stole the show.

Sony sometimes makes a few dodgy products to. But in 1982 Sony was voted the nest consumers electronics company and still remain with great reputation as a whole. They listen to the consumers what ever they said at E3 last year or in the past most of it is all true they listen and find ways to make there consumers happy in a fair way.

All I am trying to say is in this stupid world we live in a company like Sony that is nice respectful and are close with there consumers most of the time won't help them survive as a company forever. So I am also of they become more anti-consumer DONT COMPLAIN = Forced PS + for MP on PS4.

The reason for not complaining is Mr Puggsly is saying M$ should buy Sony what wait a minute Sony should do some doggies like M$ so they can make money. Not saying it's a good thing research about M$ history and you will understand that they just always rip of and get ideas from other company's and buy company's like Skype and then advertise in your face all over my PC.

Another reason why that won't be a reality Sony is or are one of the biggest Japanese companies. If M$ Do that it will affects Japan's economy unless M$ or American don't care like they usually care about themselves.

1) Not everything is for sale
2) Sony is not a company susceptible to a takeover ( the majority of the stock is in the hands of private japanese owners
3) The Japanese government wouldn't let such a thing take a place if it was possible

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network

Not only would it sap all of Microsoft's bank roll with their debt, but Sony's a Japanese company and I highly doubt the higher ups would even approve a buy out. The same thing was suggested when the Apple Rumors were out.

It sounds simple, but doing a buy out is not that easy. The other company has to be willing too.

Also I don't know but I am starting to think Mr Puggsly is an Xbox fan boy, not saying he is tho but he tends to make some of these type of topics. Also even if he was a fanboy I just don't care about stupid console gamers arguing anymore I still love console but PC just kicks there ass. Now that I use my PC more you start to think console are no need then with all the arguments about what is better get what ever you want and who cares what your friend want to buy if you don't like it. 😮

Also what ever I said to day I hope someone dose not find this affencive or anything like that. Just station the fact or saying my opinion. 😀

thismeintiel said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

That may be true for WCW, but I don't believe that's true for ECW.

If Vince McMahon  wanted to he could buy TNA and take their top wrestlers, but he hasn't.

Because it would be 10x cheaper to buy it out if Sony goes bankrupt, or at least pick up the remnants such as first parties etc. Other than that, they're already making healthy profits on the hardware that they do have, so why would they riddle themselves with further debts and more nuisance?

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

It would be a terrible investment for MS.

Even if such a colossally stupid decision was approved by the MS board of directors, it would not be approved by the Sony board of directors. MS would have to make a bid that far exceeds the current market cap, raising SNE stock prices while lowering MSFT. Even assuming the transfer of the company is approved, MSFT has now assumed all of SNE debts.

As it's been said before, SNE would probably part off segments of its business before any of this hypothetical buy out would happen.

The OP is probably only thinking in terms of MS acquiring Sony to effectively kill the Playstation brand under the assumption that all the marbles would go to MS. Very simplistic thinking.

Lastly, there would very likely be an antitrust issue if MS dissolved the PS brand.