By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon X/Y is now the highest selling 3DS game!

Will Pokemon X/Y still be on top at the end of this handheld generation?

Yes 75 79.79%

No (specify what game wil... 15 15.96%

Total:90

Well deserved. Great game.

Around the Network

Pokemon X/Y is two games though..so its no where close to 3D land

dsage01 said:

Did you buy both?

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Viper1 said:
dsage01 said:

Did you buy both?

I didn't buy any but that still isn't the point. There are two different games and should be accounted for seperatley on this website. Offical sales trackers such as NPD and Chart Track don't count them as the same game either.

Viper1 said:
dsage01 said:

Did you buy both?

I know X and Y are literally the same game but it is still 2 separate games i.e. some pokemon are exclusive to one version. I know people who bought both X and Y just to make sure that they have all the mega stones and exclusives so its not really fair to compare it to other 3DS games.

PS3, PS4, PSV, Wii U, 3DS + 3DS XL Owner.

PlayStation Nation

NNID: aminryu1

I need to stop buying games...

Around the Network
dsage01 said:
Viper1 said:
dsage01 said:

Did you buy both?

I didn't buy any but that still isn't the point. There are two different games and should be accounted for seperatley on this website. Offical sales trackers such as NPD and Chart Track don't count them as the same game either.

Yes, they have separate SKU (Stock Keeping Unit) numbers but so do Limited Editions, Special Editions, GOTY Editions, etc...for games.  Do you wish them kept separately as well?

Aryu, some LE and GOTY editions have exclusive content too.

As much as I would want to destroy all the children who naively venture online......I am still waiting for Nintendo to get off their lazy butts and release Pokebank! My Black 2 elite team is getting impatient.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Viper1 said:
dsage01 said:
Viper1 said:
dsage01 said:

Did you buy both?

Yes, they have separate SKU (Stock Keeping Unit) numbers but so do Limited Editions, Special Editions, GOTY Editions, etc...for games.  Do you wish them kept separately as well?

Except Limited, Speical, GOTY Editions don't double a game's sales like we sere here with X and Y. 

dsage01 said:
Viper1 said:

Except Limited, Speical, GOTY Editions don't double a game's sales like we sere here with X and Y. 

So it's OK to include them together as long as the special editions account for less than 50% of the overall total?

I'm surprised are we even having this argument. I mean this site has existed for so long and has been counting them as one game from the get go. If one doesn't like that, they simply needa find a different site that agrees with em. Same goes for all those hating on the site's numbers every other post.

Anywhos, no 3DS game will ever overtake the awesomeness that is X/Y!