By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What video game was like pure magic to you?

Tagged games:

Mario Galaxy. Reawakened my love for gaming after several years of barely caring and almost giving it up as a hobby.

Around the Network

Sword of Sodan for the Genesis magically changed $40 of my money into crap.

LoZ: Wind Waker (honestly this game made my childhood gaming experience) Ty the Tasmanian Tiger 1 & 2, Sonic Adventure 1 & 2, Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2, days, and Birth by Sleep, Fallout 3 & New Vegas, Mass Effect series, Civilzation 5, Starfox 64, LoZ: Ocarina of Time (When I was a kid only because now I don't like it as much.) and Majora's Mask, Earthbound, Mother 3, Fez, Psychonauts, Pokemon, Fable 1 &2. 

I'm just gonna stop now because a lot of the games I play give me that magic feeling.

Most of the N64 and GC mainline games I've played, as well as Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart Wii, and Zelda: Twilight Princess.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Everything in that game absolutely blew me away at the time. I remember thinking this was the pinnacle of video games.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

Around the Network

Star Ocean: The Second Story. One of the few games where it actually felt like I was going on a grand adventure.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

curl-6 said:
Mario Galaxy. Reawakened my love for gaming after several years of barely caring and almost giving it up as a hobby.

Same here actually. I consider 2002 through the end of 2008 my dark age of gaming.  With work and starting a family I had all but gave up playing video games. Then, after an emergency surgery, my mom got me a Wii with Super Mario Galaxy to give me something to do while I recovered.  I think I milked my pain a good extra week so I could stay home and complete the game.  

"Games are a trigger for adults to again become primitive, primal, as a way of thinking and remembering. An adult is a child who has more ethics and morals, that's all. When I am a child, creating, I am not creating a game. I am in the game. The game is not for children, it is for me. It is for an adult who still has a character of a child."

Shigeru Miyamoto

Not very many for me. I started playing games more often about a year ago. The closest ones are probably the first two Paper Mario games. Those are the only games I spent 8 or more hours in a day playing (Played the first one 8 hours straight and TTYD 15 hours)

Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time.

both games i remember trying crazy stuff on because i thought the games were so big at the time i could just anywhere.

I spent countless hours jumping that wall at the start to the back of mario 64 to see if there was a racetrack behind there like there is in mario kart 64.
also I spent countless hours trying to find secrets in OOT both magic games truly timeless

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~
Hibern81 said:
curl-6 said:

Same here actually. I consider 2002 through the end of 2008 my dark age of gaming.  With work and starting a family I had all but gave up playing video games. Then, after an emergency surgery, my mom got me a Wii with Super Mario Galaxy to give me something to do while I recovered.  I think I milked my pain a good extra week so I could stay home and complete the game.  

I just started to lose interest in the 6th gen because Nintendo are the reason I love gaming, and their output during that era was, in my opinion, a massive step down from the SNES and N64 days.  Therefore, gaming as a whole lost a lot of its appeal. 

The Wii was a spectacular return to form for me, restoring my faith in gaming.