By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo is worth more than Sony. Microsoft kicks both companies

osed125 said:

Lock if re-posted

http://i.imgur.com/kynB09W.png

Only due to some wild presumption that Nintendo will jump into China and then be successful. Plus as we all know, investors and bankers tend to know nothing when it comes to the gaming market.

Around the Network
Arkhandar said:
Ashadian said:
Pavolink said:
rolltide101x said:
Pavolink said:
This speaks loud and clear at how Sony should drop from the hardware race and go third party.

I will assume you mean Nintendo lol. PS4 should outsell the Wii U in a matter of months

I said clear: SONY.

Lol! I think you got more chance of Nintendo going thirdparty than ever Sony. Sony are huge compared to nintendo and not just a games company. Sony Assetts are valued at $150 billion.

I said clear: Nintendo

Instead of looking into the total assets of both companies to see their "value" and their financial independence, you should first look to the equity which is basically the money they have in the bank minus debt.

Sony has $28.5 billion. (as of March 31, 2013)

Nintendo has $10.5 billion. (as of March 31, 2013)

So for a company that's 11 times bigger than Nintendo in terms of assets, it only has less than 3 time the equity, which is not really healthy and hence its low market value.

Sony has the assets the define the future with so many entertainment options they can offer for a customer choosing their hardware/service. But, for nintendo they have only the Gaming which might be in future have so much competiton from Mobiles/Tablets etc., and give a trouble to Nintendo but for sony they have so many ways and already they are beginning future of Gaming with Streaming service. So, I think sony is going with future proof plans right now and they can be back on top due to the diversity of their assets in our daily life needs.

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.

TheJimbo1234 said:
osed125 said:

Lock if re-posted

Only due to some wild presumption that Nintendo will jump into China and then be successful. Plus as we all know, investors and bankers tend to know nothing when it comes to the gaming market.

ding ding ding.  Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo have access to China via Hong Kong for like forever.  Going to mainline China means that they would need to partner with a local Chinese gaming company (or what ever equivelent), have no more than 20% of what ever creation is made and will be force to dispel trade secrets...Something I see companies are chomping at the bit to do.  China does have some good development studios from big gaming companies but nothing on the scale of hardware.

Sony's decline as of late still stems from their earnings revision back in November when they halved their operating income from 40b yen to 20b yen.

biglittlesps said:
Arkhandar said:
Ashadian said:
Pavolink said:
rolltide101x said:
Pavolink said:
This speaks loud and clear at how Sony should drop from the hardware race and go third party.

I will assume you mean Nintendo lol. PS4 should outsell the Wii U in a matter of months

I said clear: SONY.

Lol! I think you got more chance of Nintendo going thirdparty than ever Sony. Sony are huge compared to nintendo and not just a games company. Sony Assetts are valued at $150 billion.

I said clear: Nintendo

Instead of looking into the total assets of both companies to see their "value" and their financial independence, you should first look to the equity which is basically the money they have in the bank minus debt.

Sony has $28.5 billion. (as of March 31, 2013)

Nintendo has $10.5 billion. (as of March 31, 2013)

So for a company that's 11 times bigger than Nintendo in terms of assets, it only has less than 3 time the equity, which is not really healthy and hence its low market value.

Sony has the assets the define the future with so many entertainment options they can offer for a customer choosing their hardware/service. But, for nintendo they have only the Gaming which might be in future have so much competiton from Mobiles/Tablets etc., and give a trouble to Nintendo but for sony they have so many ways and already they are beginning future of Gaming with Streaming service. So, I think sony is going with future proof plans right now and they can be back on top due to the diversity of their assets in our daily life needs.

Couldn't agree with you more. They are doing a fantastic job with the PlayStation brand (aside from Vita) and PlayStation Now looks to be a fantastic service for the future. Turning PlayStation into a service really is going to help Sony future proof their IP. And they also seem to be further uniting their product ecosystem, which will definitely increase sales.

Nintendo is just business as usual, very conservative as always, but you never know what they might do next.

TheJimbo1234 said:
osed125 said:

Lock if re-posted

So why aren't you shorting their shares? You'll make a killing if you're right.

Around the Network

Nintendo should just buy Sony and be done with it.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Cheebee said:

They do have the money to buy at least 51% of the company.

Arkhandar said:
Cheebee said:

They do have the money to buy at least 51% of the company.

It would be funny, just to see the epic meltdowns by all the Sony fanbots. X'D

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Cheebee said:

then nintendo unique quality will be gone if they mix with Sony ecosystem. Sony born with different ideas and innovating many things with their R & D and mostly known for making great hardwars in power and looks with quality. They have tried to help Nintendo with their hardware but thy refused to accept that, so Playstation born ouf of it to innovate the game with the technology and still sony doing it but Nintendo playing with same Cheap and sufficient hardware to create games with their IPs compared to competitors.

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.

osed125 said:

Anyone knows who the hell is LeapFrog? first time I heard about them.

Leapfrog? You must not have kids. It's a company that makes kid products such as learning to read and math books. Also they have a tablet device like the 3ds but plays all educational crap.