By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What can Sony do to take the US with Ps4??

In my opinion, nothing. Microsoft has a grip on the US and with the release of Titanfall that grip will only strengthen. We Americans do love our shooters.

Sony hit hard, but is still being outsold in the states. Now, if the real issue the Ps4 is getting handed to by the Xbone is supply, then this thread is irrelevent. 

But, if the Xbone actually has a larger demand than the Ps4 in the US, then Sony needs to act quick if it doesn't want to end up last the Ps3. Once the dust settles and gamers choice what platform their friends are playing on, it's hard to overcome that userbase.

So, what can Sony do to take the US with Ps4? Is it games? Is it one game, or many? Continue great P Plus support? 

Thoughts....

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Around the Network
ps3-sales! said:

In my opinion, nothing. Microsoft has a grip on the US and with the release of Titanfall that grip will only strengthen. We Americans do love our shooters.

Sony hit hard, but is still being outsold in the states. Now, if the real issue the Ps4 is getting handed to by the Xbone is supply, then this thread is irrelevent. 

But, if the Xbone actually has a larger demand than the Ps4 in the US, then Sony needs to act quick if it doesn't want to end up last the Ps3. Once the dust settles and gamers choice what platform their friends are playing on, it's hard to overcome that userbase.

So, what can Sony do to take the US with Ps4? Is it games? Is it one game, or many? Continue great P Plus support? 

Thoughts....

./thread

edit: and since when is outselling the compitition "getting handed to by"...

literally produce more ps4 consoles to meet demand

For the time being they don't have to do a thing.

Nothing. I honestly don't think taking the US is that important. All Sony need to do is try to stay a lot closer to the xbone with the PS4 than it did with the PS3 and the x360. If they do happen to take it, fine.

Sony have Europe (and Japan).

Around the Network

Once production ramps up, see the Xbox One get smoked. Amazon sells out with PS4 7 day preorders. Xbox is always available on Amazon yet PS4 outsells it. I imagine now PS4 with endless stock like the One. It would be a slaughter plus Xbox sales would suffer as they would lose that PS4 overflow demand that they are getting right now

Ah, Titanfall. I am still keen to see how many xbox one consoles it sells considering you don't necessarily have to own one to play it.

PS4 is still in the lead in the U.S. and will stay there for quite some time. In fact XOne might not even take over shortly after Titanfall launches.

Produce more PS4 to meet demand.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I'd say PS4 demand in the US is already higher than X1, Sony just needs to keep up with supply.