By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - All hope for Sony and Microsoft is lost

this is what we are gonna look like when we play this game.....but its ok.....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=HsrtaVDIMaw

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Around the Network
Gamerace said:
kingofwale said:
>@kingofwale - Virtually any casual girl game will be given poor reviews from a large portion of game critics.

since people here are so willing to compare this game to DDR, Guitar Hero and Rockband games, last time I check, those "casual" games didn't get poor reviews at all.

did casual girl game like Nintendogs get poor review? I don't think so.

If this game is truly innovative like some of you believe it would, why not wager and take the risk a little. ;)

Nintendogs, like typical Nintendo, is very polished.

GameRankings score for Cooking Mama - 66.8%.

Is CM a game with terrific quality? No. Is it fun and sells terrifically to girl gamers? Yes.

At best this game will be Cooking Mama comparable. At worse it'll be, as you guys say, crap for the naive. But since Namco isn't known for making a lot of crap cash-ins - and feel free to educate me if I'm wrong on that - then I think we should at least keep an open mind about it.

you are already deemed this game as 'unpolished'?

and since we are on CM, the game is far from just 'unpolished', it didn't get 66 for having only 1 flaws. I shall save my time here and not name the next 9 reason why CM is only a 'passable' game.

and oh, you are giving way too much credit to Namco. If this game is made by Nintendo, then it's a different story, you'd expect Wiiplay quality at least.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

for some reason, we started off all saying this game will be bad, and then got into some argument.

i think since blaydcor has some background in cheerleading, he is quick to come to defend his sport. we've seen similar behavior repeatedly in wiifit, or brain age as well.

well, maybe time to hold off our opinions for now. there's precious little information anyway. maybe it'll be like boom blox, where the idea is simple but the implementation seems very well thought out and actually looks nothing like jenga.

the Wii is an epidemic.

blaydcor said:
Nothin like the good old Namco classics, DBZ: Budokai Tenchai 2, InuYusah DS, Pacman World Rally, Gundam: Crossfire...

DBZ is Atari actually and not a bad game, but fair enough, Namco, especially their American office, make a lot of mediocore to totally crap games.  So in all likelyhood this game will suck.  Very well, continue bashing away. 

blaydcor said:
Bodhesatva said:
blaydcor said:
1)I assume, because of the inherent nature of rhythm games, that this is a quick cash in
2)You say I have no basis for this assumption
3)You then say that "DDR games and the like take virtually no time to create"

A little inconsitency?

I'm fairly certain you haven't been aware of when I'm sarcastic and when I'm not. My point wasn't that you should also mock DDR, my point was that you should mock neither.

You could also mock both, although I personally think they're both fine. So you can mock neither, or both. What doesn't seem fair, to me, is to mock one but not the other -- and that's precisely what's happened. To my knowledge, you've never made a post or thread lampooning Rock Band, or Guitar Hero, or DDR, or Samba De Amigo, or Parappa tha Rappa (my personal favorite), or any other game that might be similar.

My question is: if we now agree that all the games in the entire rhythm genre are "quick cash ins," according to your own words, why did you decide to ridicule this one in particular, when all we have to go on is that it's a cheerleading game developed by Namco?

As I said: Developer's love to manipulate the Wii's casual userbase by developing low-budget games that seem appealing. And, by your logic: I can either like both Half Life 2 and Doom 3---or neither. Because their the same genre, right? I'm sorry, but you're being illogical. Can you deny that a significant amount of Wii games are developed at low cost and designed to sell to a wide (naive) audience?

I'm not attacking the Wii. I'm attacking game developers who take advantage of it.

I am not saying that you have to like Half Life 2 and Doom 3, or neither. If you think that's an appropriate analogy, then it's apparent that you don't understand what I'm saying. Here would be a better analogy. Imagine these two blurbs:

Wardogs -- A gritty, dark action game coming in 2009

Cutie Kittens -- An adorable, colorful action game coming in 2009

If, based on this, you concluded that the first game sounded good and would be well made, while the second game would terrible and a cheap cash in, then that is prejudice, yes.

If we had screens or detailed information or anything about this Cheerleading game that would divulge its quality or even give a hint at what the game even does, this would be different. Instead, what we have for it is very much like what I've written above; a vague description of the game.

Let me give you the definition of prejudice:

Any preconceived opinion or feeling, either favorable or unfavorable.

So far, the entirety of our knowledge about the game is that it's about cheerleading and that it's on the Wii. From this, you assume this game is a cash in that manipulates the naive (your words in italics). I have no idea how you could argue that isn't prejudice, because it seems to fit the description perfectly.

Again, the basic idea sounds like it could be fun to me. It sounds like Ouendan, and while I don't personally care for Ouendan, I recognize that it's a very well made game. So this could be good, it could be bad -- but I won't hold any preconceived opinions or feelings. I'll just wait and see how the game actually ends up.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Around the Network

>Wardogs -- A gritty, dark action game coming in 2009

>Cutie Kittens -- An adorable, colorful action game coming in 2009

no, both game sounds like shovelwares because their names are apparently from some cheap hotel six brainstorming session. You don't name a good game "Zack and Wiki" unless you have no choice to because your original name is under trademark.

and are you talking about prejudice? in entertainment business? lol, sorry, I just had to laugh a little inside.

Let's face it, game, just any type of art, is meant to be judged, if you don't want people thinking your game is garbage, don't release infos that might lead people into thinking that. This game should keep quiet for as long as possible, and then rid the wave of Wiifit out before reviewers can trash it.

After all, have you heard of "Chicken SHoot" or "Ninjabread man" BEFORE the official release?

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
kingofwale said:
How am I getting the feeling people are willing to defend the most obviously silly idea of a game out of pure love for a console?

Console and games are completely separate, Just because I love #### console, doesn't mean I have to automatically take offense to someone dislike a game from that console.

Since we all must agree to disagree. I have no problem waging 1 week ban on the game getting a sub 7 score (gameranking). Who is up for it?

Did you just accuse Bod of being a fanboy? You would get destroyed in a real debate with him so better sideswipe him while you can!

After all, have you heard of "Chicken SHoot" or "Ninjabread man" BEFORE the official release?

Probably, considering that both games existed years before their Wii release.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

>Did you just accuse Bod of being a fanboy? You would get destroyed in a real debate with him so better sideswipe him while you can!

if I were to pick a debate, it wouldn't be for the sake of winning it, it's about what you believe in and stand by it.

and no, I don't remember accusing anybody of being a fanboy. After all, it's not something I do.

selnor
Episode 2:
blaydcor said:

How can you all not simply agree and say, "Yes, it is likely that this game will be a quick cash in. It might be innovative, but I doubt it." If your brain is capable of pattern recognition, its clear that this is the most likely scenario.

Mostly likely it will be a game that isn't polished to the Nth degree (N as in Nintendo), but Namco will be happier than a lot of people here if it becomes the best selling game that they have put out for this generation of games.  

Though it could be made into a fairly good game of imitating cheerleading.  Probably arms spelling out of letters via placement of the Wii Remote (would be interesting if it used two Wii Remotes), stepping on and off the balance board  (final cheer, a jump of both legs off?). 

Besides, the video cheerleaders might be cute enough for some guys to buy the game.  

And to those the game is marketed to sell to, I doubt if a high percentage of them go out to game sites to check its ratings. 

Torturing the numbers.  Hear them scream.

Alright, here's my final argument.

You hear about a new game:

A FPS made by Namco for the Xbox 360. It's going to be set in World War 2. It will be coming out later this year.

Now, what would you assume about this game?

Exactly.

It *might* be good, but history would indicate otherwise, so you'll assume it will be lame until proven wrong. Same situation here.

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.