By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Wii U pact- Invest in 3rd party on the Wii U in 2014! Less than a week to go, the Pact is coming to an end. - 128 eshop games on clearance this week!

Tagged games:

PacMan and the Ghostly Adventures 2: Rate it

A 8 9.20%

A- 3 3.45%

B+ 6 6.90%

B 8 9.20%

B- 6 6.90%

C+ 11 12.64%

C- 6 6.90%

D 6 6.90%

F 12 13.79%

Other, post below ( extre... 20 22.99%

Total:86
spurgeonryan said:
fleischr said:
I pre-ordered Watch Dogs for Wii U.

I'm not worried about the ship date being late at all. If we're getting the same gameplay as in other version + the Gamepad, it'll easily be one of Wii U's best games of the year. And yes I do believe it ships this year, if only to not compete with Bayonetta 2 and MK8 for the early June sales on the Wii U platform.

I anticipate it to be graphically amazing too. A distinctly better look/feel that PS360 versions, but if it's not I won't be too upset.

I'm hyped. How about you?

I think that if the launch third party games were to release now, they would do a lot better since people are more into the Wii U now. Watch Dogs should do well, and I am excited to get a really good third party game that everyone is hyped for. Black Flags...was it that good? I heard bad things. Ghosts? Bad things as well, but Watch Dogs has the ability to be a really good third party game on the Wii U for once. Not just good, but really good! I am hyped! But have not pre-ordered it yet. I currently have the new Cabela's game pre-ordered. I heard that thousands of people pre-ordered Watch Dogs when they thought it was not coming, so I figured it would be alright.

Gonna be good! Watch Dogs, not Cabelas...although I hope it is decent as well :P

From what I've heard, ACIV and Ghosts are comparable in gameplay and are graphically slightly better than PS360 versions. They may have had some bugs and performance lags at launch, but those have since been resolved.

Are the Cabela's games fun ... at all? Got me thinking: we haven't seen Duck Hunt on a Nintendo console in nearly 3 decades. Activision/Nintendo should bring it back, bundle it with a Camo or Hunter Orange wii mote, and somehow involve "Duck Dynasty" in the mix. Huge profits on that there. Massive system seller! I'm sort of kidding ... but not.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Around the Network

How about I buy whatever game I wish to play on whichever console I own where it makes the most sense.

No way I am buying any online multiplayer games on Wii U. It doesn't have any system level party chat. That's a deal breaker. Also I like to be able to party chat with friends even when playing single player games, so another reason why those games are better on my PS4. There is one exception to this and it is if that game supports up to 4 players for local multiplayer. In those cases I will choose Wii U version of the game since it is the only console I have where I have 4 controllers.

So examples are things like Rayman Legends and Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed (actually supported 5 players on WiiU).

So whats left? The Nintendo exclusive software. As long as they keep making those or releasing VC games I am interested in, I will keep returning to Wii U for some play time.

Worrying about 3rd party success on Wii U is Nintendo problem and 3rd party problem... not mine.

cusman said:

How about I buy whatever game I wish to play on whichever console I own where it makes the most sense.

No way I am buying any online multiplayer games on Wii U. It doesn't have any system level party chat. That's a deal breaker. Also I like to be able to party chat with friends even when playing single player games, so another reason why those games are better on my PS4. There is one exception to this and it is if that game supports up to 4 players for local multiplayer. In those cases I will choose Wii U version of the game since it is the only console I have where I have 4 controllers.

So examples are things like Rayman Legends and Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed (actually supported 5 players on WiiU).

So whats left? The Nintendo exclusive software. As long as they keep making those or releasing VC games I am interested in, I will keep returning to Wii U for some play time.

Worrying about 3rd party success on Wii U is Nintendo problem and 3rd party problem... not mine.

Nobody is forcing you to buy anything on any console, we are just making a suggestion so more people give third party games an opportunity.

You are a lucky guy that has enough money to buy all the consoles that you might want, but others are not so fortunate, and is a shame that many will not be able to try some games because the third parties are looking at sales and those are not good enough for them on Wii U and dish that version of the game. This thread also proves that although we bought the console for the great first party games, those are not the only titles we like and support.

Add my new gaaaaames please!!!

Just about to purchase Darksiders II - it's $19.99 on the eShop right now. Also, added Blok Drop U to the collection a couple weeks ago.

Around the Network

Hey, I never got suggestions for my April purchase, I am ordering this weekend... anyone? here is the list of what I already have (again):
Batman: Arkham City
Batman: Arkham Origins
Resident Evil: Revelations
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
Call of Duty: Ghosts
Rayman Legends
Splinter Cell: Blacklist
Assassin's Creed IV
Need for Speed: Most Wanted
Deus Ex: Human Revolution (January purchase)
Amazing Spiderman (February purchase)
Ducktales Remastered (March purchase)

No download only games (I don't buy digital), and I don't like simulation sports any other suggestion will be considered.

bougth games: AC 3, AC4, Mass efects 3, Super Maro 3dl, Deus ex Human rev DC, Ninja Gaiden 3 RE, NFS MW, COD Ghost, COD BLOPS2, Zombie U, Rayman Legends, Nano Assault, Littel Inferno, Castle storm, Darksiders 2, Gianna sisters, FIFA 13, Donkey Kong Country: TF, Batman Arkham city ACE, Batman Arkahn Origins, Splinter Cell BL, WiiSports (just Tennis), nintendo land. hey spurge put me on the list, i have a lot of third party games.

34 years playing games.

Just bought Lego City Undercover today, and about $10 worth of downloadable content on Arkham Origins :P

1doesnotsimply

spurgeonryan said:
@ flagstaad

Revelations!!

@poe

I will get it.Been working. Manager now so hours changed.

I already have revelations... I have been thinking about Darksiders 2, but to whom the money goes for that purchase? Lego City Undercover is another option but it is not technically a third party..., other option is Injustice: Gods among us.

spurgeonryan said:
darksiders 2! Especially now with its new found attention.

What newfound attention..? Have I missed something..? Hope it's another Darksiders game on the way and going to be available for the Wii U!!!