By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales - Media Create, Famitsu & Dengeki Week 52

EricFabian said:
JWeinCom said:
(White / Black) [Nintendo] family premium set + Wii Fit U can play immediately Wii U
31日10月2013年

The heck is that? Is that hardware or software?

Wii Fit U + Balance Board

Thought that didn't release for like a month...

Around the Network

You forgot the Vita TV sales. I think its about 7500+. So about 81k+ for Vita on Famitsu sales.

So what's the deal? It's not Wednesday!

Anyway, a sad drop for Wii U, a bigger than expected rise for Vita, but a worrying drop for 3DS. After all, Zelda came out this week!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Quoting myself from that old prediction thing i did a while back:

"I predict the following WiiU sales moving forward:

Week ending dec 8: 40 000 (real numbers ended up at 46000-48000)

Week ending dec 15: 65 000 (real numbers ended up at 70000-75000)

Week ending dec 22: 90 000 (real numbers ended up between 110 000-120 000)

Week ending dec 29: 60 000 (real numbers ended up around 75 000-80 000)

Week ending jan 05: 80 000

Reason why WiiU sales are lower the week ending dec 29 is simply shops closing and the holidays kicking in. Nothing short of Mario Kart 8 releasing that week could have changed these numbers substantially. 

Japanese children will spend their giftmoney by week ending jan 05, so sales will be up then if WiiU is decently popular in that market segment. Right now its trending to be very close to 100 000 and may just be slightly over. We'll see.

3DS sales already peaked in Japan in just year two, worrying sign.

Also this is the second major release in which 3DS hardware was down in light of said release (puzzles and dragons was the other)

vita on the other hand, positive y/y gains and will blow past the 1.1 million it did last year this year.

Around the Network

Decent vita sales and great FFX sales. Vita and vita tv make it about 40% of 3DS.

KH PS3 Japan LTD about: 240k
FFX PS3 and Vita about: 340k

Although the PS3 version is tracking ahead of KH FW. Overall should get 500k+.

I hear murmurs from Japan GAF saying Nintendo massively undershipped LOZ:ALBW as it was instantly sold out. Goes to show that retailers let themselves be influenced by the horrid sales of WWHD when ordering copies, or perhaps Nintendo themselves didn't have massive faith in the title.

Vita is doing amazing software and hardware sales !

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Good opening week for ALBW

Pokemon almost reaches 4 million sold in Japan, great

Wii U outsold PS3 in 2013. Unexpected....