By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can Titanfall be THE GAME That Pushes Xbox One Above PS4 in America?

bubblegamer said:
Titanfall will be like Haze from the early PS3 days. You will see. I predict a meta lower than 74.

You and everyone who is expecting Destiny to beat it. If Titanfall goes full multiplat Destiny has no chance. It's reception from people who have seen it and played it has already blown away Destiny in the short time since it was announced which is what seven months now?

Around the Network

I think it's time to bring the chalkboard out.

I don't think Micro needs any drastic help to pass the PS4 in America. There are a lot of the previous xbox users who I know are buying the one just so they do not lose there Gamerscore. That and there being some proud people who prefer their home console, although not on the level Japan does it and also those extra non gaming focused features of the One work so well in NA, passing the PS4 should not be a problem.

The better question would be is Titanfall going to be the game that helps the One double the PS4 in America, because just matching or slightly beating Sony in NA won't offset the Japan and Euro boost the PS4 has/will be getting (Japan).

Thanks jlmurph!

XONE just needs exclusives. NO 360, NO Pc, NO Ps3 and NO PS4

Pocky Lover Boy! 

BreedinBull said:
I don't think Micro needs any drastic help to pass the PS4 in America. There are a lot of the previous xbox users who I know are buying the one just so they do not lose there Gamerscore. That and there being some proud people who prefer their home console, although not on the level Japan does it and also those extra non gaming focused features of the One work so well in NA, passing the PS4 should not be a problem.

The better question would be is Titanfall going to be the game that helps the One double the PS4 in America, because just matching or slightly beating Sony in NA won't offset the Japan and Euro boost the PS4 has/will be getting (Japan).

If it was no problem it be passing it since day one, especially how supply constrained PS4 still is.

To double PS3, 360 cost less had a year head start and had the 3rd party advanatage, now it has none of that.  But it is a $100 more expensinve.

Fed min wage in US is 7.25, so think on how much that 100 is to some people.  Would you work two more days to pay for an X1 rather then PS4 ?

There honestly is nothing MS can do now, it can eak out a small vicotry in NA but it will not get anywhere near double at any point possibly even for a week.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
J_Allard said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

If it isn't so then why do they need the first game exclusivity of Titanfall? Zampella confirmed that microsoft closed the deal to have the first game be exclusive on Twitter to the Xbone on next gen consoles. It wont last as it never does. Its even worse to do it this gen than last gen because all the third party exclusives dry up because you're both competing rather than one console having a eight million console lead on the other. 

If Sony really expanded and slow cooked their first party to perfection as you're saying, why are they still securing exclusive content and timed exclusive games as well? That pendulum swings both ways.

DLC vs a full game. Is this where they are equal in your eyes? Sony doesn't have rules against late games, except that people give them the definitive version when it hits the console. Microsoft is the one who has problems with late games to the point where they will keep them from YOU, whom are their die hard fan. If Sony ever were to stoop to Microsofts level and try outspending Microsoft to keep every game for them, you wouldn't have seen any definitive versions on any Xbox console because Microsoft just isn't having that and their policy does not allow it. Bad sports. Its smart though because whoever has the game girl has the proper public perception as the console where said game is available. Its not equal where it counts. Sony can catch aa bullet and throw it back and Microsoft pride wont allow them to be as nimble. 

Game.

This is the adorable part, where your hypocrisy is revealed and now you shift the goal posts. So now paying money in exchange for content is ok when Sony does it, because it's only DLC or timed exclusive games. And the console companies having stipulations regarding late ports to their consoles is terrible, except when Sony does it. I don't even know what is going on in the rest of that post.

J_Allard said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
J_Allard said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

If it isn't so then why do they need the first game exclusivity of Titanfall? Zampella confirmed that microsoft closed the deal to have the first game be exclusive on Twitter to the Xbone on next gen consoles. It wont last as it never does. Its even worse to do it this gen than last gen because all the third party exclusives dry up because you're both competing rather than one console having a eight million console lead on the other. 

If Sony really expanded and slow cooked their first party to perfection as you're saying, why are they still securing exclusive content and timed exclusive games as well? That pendulum swings both ways.

DLC vs a full game. Is this where they are equal in your eyes? Sony doesn't have rules against late games, except that people give them the definitive version when it hits the console. Microsoft is the one who has problems with late games to the point where they will keep them from YOU, whom are their die hard fan. If Sony ever were to stoop to Microsofts level and try outspending Microsoft to keep every game for them, you wouldn't have seen any definitive versions on any Xbox console because Microsoft just isn't having that and their policy does not allow it. Bad sports. Its smart though because whoever has the game girl has the proper public perception as the console where said game is available. Its not equal where it counts. Sony can catch aa bullet and throw it back and Microsoft pride wont allow them to be as nimble. 

Game.

This is the adorable part, where your hypocrisy is revealed and now you shift the goal posts. So now paying money in exchange for content is ok when Sony does it, because it's only DLC or timed exclusive games. And the console companies having stipulations regarding late ports to their consoles is terrible, except when Sony does it. I don't even know what is going on in the rest of that post.

I never shifted goal posts, I've been telling you about this very same thing for almost half a year now. Its pretty sad that either you haven't done the research or at least somewhat understood it instead of bastardizing what I write. Do whatever you like. :)

S.T.A.G.E. said:
J_Allard said:

I never shifted goal posts, I've been telling you about this very same thing for almost half a year now.

Which is why I said this part is adorable in the bold above. I know your playbook.

J_Allard said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
J_Allard said:

I never shifted goal posts, I've been telling you about this very same thing for almost half a year now.

Which is why I said this part is adorable in the bold above. I know your playbook.

I don't have a playbook. I respond to everything as it comes. A policy that a company has isn't a playbook. I will apologize for the latter half of my paragraph. My mind was in two places at once there because I was  responding to a message from someone else. I am going to be doing a commission for a guy on the site. I have no problem admitting when I am at fault and that indeed was my fault. ;)

"Titles for Xbox 360 must ship at least simultaneously with other video game platform, and must have at least feature and content parity on-disc with the other video game platform versions in all regions where the title is available," it reads.

"If these conditions are not met, Microsoft reserves the right to not allow the content to be released on Xbox 360."

http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/general-discussion-30/microsoft-demands-content-release-date-parity-for--511771/

As I said...there is no plan or playbook. I am just seeing the world as it is. Microsoft will keep games from YOU if they do not have parity with Sony on multiplats. They are hypocrites because they are the primary individuals doing that same thing to other companies that they are protecting themselves from. Their loyal fans will pay if they don't get games at parity with Sony. 

Being that they don't have a year head start this gen, that ought to be rich. Lets see how this plays out.

Errr... I am aware MS has that policy. Just like Sony has a policy forcing developers to add extra content in order to be able to port a game to their platform after it has been on other platforms. Or the PSP rules they had in place forcing developers to add like 30-40% of new content before getting a port on the platform. This is where the whole hypocrisy and shifting goal posts comes into play. You are griping about MS doing/having these things, but explain them away when it comes to Sony.

"paying for content is so terrible omg! oh well when sony does it its really just dlc and timed exclusives so its fine guys."

"m$ has these terrible restrictions on games where they force content parity! oh noes! oh yeah i know sony also imposes restrictions but its totally ok man!"

You do have a playbook, and it's adorable.