By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will the X1 ever be able to pass the Wii U?

sales2099 said:
TheLastStarFighter said:
I don't see One passing U as it stands now. I think One is in a very ugly place. If Kart and Smash drop in the early part of the year, U could have solid early sales and big Christmas in 2014. I'm starting to see One's lag on store shelves now. With most of its library available on the cheaper and better PS4 I think the One is in a bad place.

Smash Bros and Mario Kart didn't save the Gamcube though. Just saying as good as software is, if people are put off by the hardware, the games will only do so much.

You act like Halo and Titanfall aren't going to do their own system selling.

No, I'm simply practical like most consumers.  Halo is a good draw and it was a significant factor in my purchase of the first two XBoxes.  But more important factors are price, content, availability and what most of my friends have.  When it came time to choose between a PS3 and a 360, I went with a 360.  Reasons:

1. Cheaper.

2. Exclusives: Halo, Fable, Bioware games, Mistwalker games.

4. Multiplats: FF and GTA would be available same day on 360.

4. Early launch ment more friends have 360s.

Fast forward to today, and Bungie has gone multiplat so the true Halo successor is Destiny.  Fable's creator has left the company.  Mistwalker is no longer making games for Microsoft.  Bioware is multiplat now.  With PS4 being cheaper, more powerful having 98% of all of the good games on XBox and a larger install base to play with and talk about games with, I can't see a single reason to buy a One over a PS4 other than Halo.  With that $500 price tag I think it's going to stagnate on shelves as of January and I think the COD crowd is going to pick up PS4's and there will be no going back for XBOne.

Wii U's situation is different.  The target market has a greater percentage of women, families and children.  The software library is different.  The system is cheaper.  I don't know that Wii U that Wii U will do really well or better than PS4.  But I do know that if you want a system like One or 4, there is almost no reason to choose One unless you really love the XBox brand or Halo.

I think PS4 and Wii U will have there place in the gaming world, but right now I see One as having no identity.  It is a more expensive, less powerful clone of PS4 making it essentially pointless.

Around the Network

Well it sold over 3 mill in 5 weeks so I think it should have no problem passing the WiiU sales this year.

oniyide said:
Lyrikalstylez said:

exactly, they will sell well but if Halo 5 and tItanfall show up with amazing next gen graphics they will push more xbox ones  in my opinon

This, i hate to admit it because i am a fan of Smash and MK to an extent and dont really care for Halo or Titanfall, but the two Xbox games will probably get mroe hype and push more xbones than what those Ninty games will do for Wii U. IMHO there really hasnt been anything that has floored me with MK8 or Smash. They literally look like a bit better versions of games people have already. MK8 has that grav thing but i dont think it will be as game changing as people make out. Hell its probably no different than that crap gliding mechanic from 7, i hope im wrong. Smash looks the same. Nothing wrong with that. if it aint broke.

Titanfall is a new IP that has already getting buzz. Halo...is Halo even if much doesnt change it should look much better than the 360 ones, that only will get people on board.

What alternate world is this....agreeing with my posts more then once in a short period????

Were tots online friends now ;)

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
oniyide said:
Lyrikalstylez said:

exactly, they will sell well but if Halo 5 and tItanfall show up with amazing next gen graphics they will push more xbox ones  in my opinon

This, i hate to admit it because i am a fan of Smash and MK to an extent and dont really care for Halo or Titanfall, but the two Xbox games will probably get mroe hype and push more xbones than what those Ninty games will do for Wii U. IMHO there really hasnt been anything that has floored me with MK8 or Smash. They literally look like a bit better versions of games people have already. MK8 has that grav thing but i dont think it will be as game changing as people make out. Hell its probably no different than that crap gliding mechanic from 7, i hope im wrong. Smash looks the same. Nothing wrong with that. if it aint broke.

Titanfall is a new IP that has already getting buzz. Halo...is Halo even if much doesnt change it should look much better than the 360 ones, that only will get people on board.

What alternate world is this....agreeing with my posts more then once in a short period????

Were tots online friends now ;)

Kinda hard to argue with numbers. Smash and MK8 have been avilable for preorder and none are on the list, you cant even use the it doesnt have a release date excuse, cause Halo doesnt either, but its on their. 

I still prefer Ninty to MS, but i dont see a scenario where MS DOESNT best Ninty this gen.

spurgeonryan said:

Not unless it cracks the Japanese code.

So no.

Maybe if Microsoft immediately dumps the 360 like they did the original xbox.

agree? or what do you think mister/misses sales expert?

What would you say if the question was "Will the Wii U ever be able to pass the Dreamcast?"

I think the answer is similar.

My 8th gen collection

Around the Network
Lyrikalstylez said:
BeElite said:
sales2099 said:
TheLastStarFighter said:
I don't see One passing U as it stands now. I think One is in a very ugly place. If Kart and Smash drop in the early part of the year, U could have solid early sales and big Christmas in 2014. I'm starting to see One's lag on store shelves now. With most of its library available on the cheaper and better PS4 I think the One is in a bad place.

Smash Bros and Mario Kart didn't save the Gamcube though. Just saying as good as software is, if people are put off by the hardware, the games will only do so much.

You act like Halo and Titanfall aren't going to do their own system selling.

True nuf.

Ninty ones think SSB and MK are some sure pillers of victory, they sure forget that Ninty had em on N64 and GC and still got their asses whooped.

The problem is Nintendo needs to pile on more and more software. New system sellers exist for a reason.

If you look at the gamecube, Zelda and Mario had backlash and Nintendo made less games back then.

Im not even buying Titanfall on the xvbone either. Getting that shit where its good.

According to VGChartz numbers Xbox One is 2.2 million behind and last week it outsold it by 60k. If it keeps outselling it by 60k consistently every week it is going to take 37 weeks for it to pass the Wii U. The Xbox One already has its 2 biggest console sellers from last gen released on it (COD and FIFA), while the Wii U still has not released its 2 biggest franchises which are Mario Kart and Smash Bros. On top of that DKCR was a 6.2 million seller last gen, which is the equivalent to Uncharted/Gears of War sales, so that will no doubt give it some kind of bump. Unless Microsoft shows off some seriously amazing software at E3 this year, I have a hard time seeing how it is going to pass up the Wii U. PS4 will probably pass the Wii U up in the next 2 months, but I could no doubt see Nintendo take the lead back by years end. Alot has been made of the lack of 3rd party support of Wii U, but I have a feeling that by the end of this generation, most of the big Japanese 3rd party developers will be firmly in the Wii U's corner, which will make a big difference.