By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - gamrConnect's 300 Greatest Games of All Time

Michael-5 said:
TravenousMaximus said:
Fantastic list! I own 145 of those titles, including the entire top 20 :D
RolStoppable said:
Scoobes said:
Well, I've played 142 of those games so, I don't think that's too bad.

165 for me, so you are cool. Emphasis on played, not beaten. I couldn't stomach trash like KotoR.

My share of games played increased the closer I got to #1.

osed125 said:

Unless I counted wrong, I have played 112 games of that list. I think the only Nintendo franchise that I have never played is Animal Crossing (from popular franchises of course, I will probably never play games like Stafy and obscure stuff like that)

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA I beat you all, I've played 207 of those including 47 of the top 50. Half the ones I haven't are on my TDL. The other half are repeat entires for franchises I don't like (like Street Fighter or Persona).

Oh which I have beaten 127 games which is more then many have played. I feel proud of myself and I do all this while still having a life and a girlfriend To be fair though, I don't think I've beaten too many games not on this list, I just have good taste.

----

BTW you do realize that you have 2 separate listings for Oracle of Ages/Seasons right? It's the same game, heck both games come on the same cartridge (you can unlock the other by getting the clear data code from a friend who has the other version). Thus The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages/Seasons should have ended up higher

I actually stated that I OWN (as in they're in my collection) 145 of those games, Michael. I've PLAYED 286 of the 300, and have BEATEN 221 of those 286

Around the Network
TravenousMaximus said:
Michael-5 said:
TravenousMaximus said:
Fantastic list! I own 145 of those titles, including the entire top 20 :D
RolStoppable said:
Scoobes said:
Well, I've played 142 of those games so, I don't think that's too bad.

165 for me, so you are cool. Emphasis on played, not beaten. I couldn't stomach trash like KotoR.

My share of games played increased the closer I got to #1.

osed125 said:

Unless I counted wrong, I have played 112 games of that list. I think the only Nintendo franchise that I have never played is Animal Crossing (from popular franchises of course, I will probably never play games like Stafy and obscure stuff like that)

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA I beat you all, I've played 207 of those including 47 of the top 50. Half the ones I haven't are on my TDL. The other half are repeat entires for franchises I don't like (like Street Fighter or Persona).

Oh which I have beaten 127 games which is more then many have played. I feel proud of myself and I do all this while still having a life and a girlfriend To be fair though, I don't think I've beaten too many games not on this list, I just have good taste.

----

BTW you do realize that you have 2 separate listings for Oracle of Ages/Seasons right? It's the same game, heck both games come on the same cartridge (you can unlock the other by getting the clear data code from a friend who has the other version). Thus The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages/Seasons should have ended up higher

I actually stated that I OWN (as in they're in my collection) 145 of those games, Michael. I've PLAYED 286 of the 300, and have BEATEN 221 of those 286

But I don't like most of them, why play Street Fighter IV when I hate III? Why play Castlevania, or Monster Hunter, etc for the same reasons?

Let's see, I own....182 of those games, but I have owned about 20 more. Maybe 5 of the games which I played, I never owned.

----

So you have played more, but I own more. Doesn't really matter though, I was surprised that I beat most of the top 50.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Wow...a top 300 and there is not ONE Legacy of Kain game...my world is a lie.

RolStoppable said:
Michael-5 said:
RolStoppable said:

Thanks for exposing yourself. Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons the same game, on the same cartridge.

Yea, you can unlock Oracle of Ages on the Oracle of Seasons cartridge and vice versa. You need the other game to unlock it, anbd you need to finish it, but if you owned one game and a friend owned another, you could play both games on a single cartridge.

You're pulling my leg. You didn't know?

You are wrong. What the passwords unlocked is an altered storyline that includes the true ending. If you entered OoA's game completion password on OoS, you were going to play OoS's more fleshed out story, not OoA like you claim. Same vice versa.

Oh.....well I'll be damned. So next year, I should list the games separately? But they are almost identical!

I beat both BTW, I just owned both cartridges, and I must have misinterpreted what I read before.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

It was totally worth it getting banned over this before you finally managed to complete this!

where is 1080 tho?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

I have a feeling the voters were mainly nintendo fans, dont ask me I dont know why. Worst top ten between.

Shenmue should be in the top 100. Also the list is missing Forza 4, Forza Horizon and Burnout Paradise.

RolStoppable said:
Michael-5 said:

Oh.....well I'll be damned. So next year, I should list the games separately? But they are almost identical!

I beat both BTW, I just owned both cartridges, and I must have misinterpreted what I read before.

Yeah, they are almost identical. Except for their different stories, NPCs, overworlds and dungeons.

Except you do realize a lot of the overworld & cutscenes are re-used in both games? The indro's are nearly identical, and many places in the game are re-used. Gameplay is identical, the overworlds are based off the same blueprint and very similar, and the plot is actually the same, and involves the resurrection of Ganon (via different means).

They are different games, but I still feel bundling them together as one game makes sense. To me, doing otherwise would be like counting Master Quest as a different game from Ocarina of Time.

RolStoppable said:
Michael-5 said:

Except you do realize a lot of the overworld & cutscenes are re-used in both games? The indro's are nearly identical, and many places in the game are re-used. Gameplay is identical, the overworlds are based off the same blueprint and very similar, and the plot is actually the same, and involves the resurrection of Ganon (via different means).

They are different games, but I still feel bundling them together as one game makes sense. To me, doing otherwise would be like counting Master Quest as a different game from Ocarina of Time.

It must have been a long time since you played those games. There aren't any places in the overworld that are reused. Additionally, OoA's overworld is a 14x14 grid for past and present while OoS uses a 16x16 grid for its overworld and an 8x16 grid for its subworld. Each game has its own villain and storyline, although both have the same villain for the true ending.

It almost sounds like you have only played OoA and are mistaking its past and present layout as two separate games (hence same blueprint and reused places, plus same plot). Although that doesn't really make sense in the big picture. So... your memory = bad. Simple and likely correct.

I beat the games when they came out, what 13-14 years ago?

I dunno, I beat both, they felt very similar, and they released on the same day. 1 was more puzzle based, the other more action based, but to me they felt like 2 halfs of one game (and that's why you get the true linked ending only when you beat both halves).

Isn;t Twinrova the main villain of both games? Onyx and ......something with a V, they were like her Generals. Like you said they have the same "true ending" which to me sounds more like each game is just a different half to the same experience.

No I remember both games being very similar, I owned both, and I beat both.

----

Put it this way, are Pokemon Red/Blue different games because they have a few different Pokemon? The differences in Oracle of Ages/Seasons are obviously greater, but you still have the exact same plot (defeat Twinrova, stop the resurrection of Ganon), and take place in the exact same place in the Zelda timeline.

RolStoppable said:
Michael-5 said:

I beat the games when they came out, what 13-14 years ago?

I dunno, I beat both, they felt very similar, and they released on the same day. 1 was more puzzle based, the other more action based, but to me they felt like 2 halfs of one game (and that's why you get the true linked ending only when you beat both halves).

Isn;t Twinrova the main villain of both games? Onyx and ......something with a V, they were like her Generals. Like you said they have the same "true ending" which to me sounds more like each game is just a different half to the same experience.

No I remember both games being very similar, I owned both, and I beat both.

----

Put it this way, are Pokemon Red/Blue different games because they have a few different Pokemon? The differences in Oracle of Ages/Seasons are obviously greater, but you still have the exact same plot (defeat Twinrova, stop the resurrection of Ganon), and take place in the exact same place in the Zelda timeline.

The differences between OoA and OoS are so great that aside from the same true ending plot and a few minor similarities, they are just as different as Link's Awakening is to either OoA or OoS. Put another way, if you've played Pokémon Red, you've essentially also played Blue. You can't say the same about OoA and OoS, not even remotely.

I'm going to disagree with you there. Playing Oracle of Ages/Seasons would be the difference between playing an Ocarina of Time & Master Quest. The difference between these two is one is more action focused, and the other puzzle.

They are two halfs to the same game. Imagine if XenoSaga Episode 1-3 all released on the same day. Would you not consider it 1 game with 3 different parts?