By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Prediction: Which console will be in first place by the end of 2014?

Which console will have the most Lifetime sales by the end of 2014?

Wii U 210 25.55%

PS4 569 69.22%

Xbox One 42 5.11%

Total:821
Zero999 said:
Seece said:
Zero999 said:
Seece said:
Zero999 said:
Seece said:
Zero999 said:

Wii U hands down. ps4 second, xone third.

Dat 400% YOY increase you're expecting.

Sorry to burst your bubble but WiiU will be last by 2015.

back to the percentage fallacy. at least you fixed the number this time.

sorry to burst your bubble but all things considered, even if someone believes ps4 will be first, he/she shouldn't think it will be third in 2014. not with the info we have.

The info showing XB1 and PS4 outselling WiiU lifetime sales in the regions they're available in? WiiU doing ONLY 3m for the entire year and likely coming in 3rd for 2013 sales despite an extra 10 months on shelves?

Your awful 10.2m prediction really hasn't made you realise has it?

You were out FOUR POINT FIVE MILLION dude.

bolded: UK for both, Europe for ps4 (thanks to UK)....... So basically, NO.

bolded2: more than 3M. Relevant for future sales? NO. and why did that happen, again? lack of games. will it happen in 2014? NO

and I'm sure you think ps4 and xone won't drop and will have magical numbers for the next months.

US Dec or January most likely. PS4 practically every country it's released in, Europe for XB1 is only a matter of time! So basically, yes.

Less than 3m. Absolutely relevent to future sales, what a ridiculous thing to say. It shows the public are not interested. It had a big Mario game this holiday yet still sold below Gamecube and Dreamcast levels in the US (and likely Europe) Japan is the only place it's put up decent (relatively) sales.

PS4 and XB1 will drop, it's not the holidays anymore, everything drops. They won't drop to WiiU levels though.

"US Dec or January most likely." So, NOT surpasses. and 100% won't happen.

"PS4 practically every country it's released in" except US, and canada, and most european countries. yep, almost every country it's released.

"Absolutely relevent to future sales, what a ridiculous thing to say. It shows the public are not interested"

it shows the public WASN'T interested in an expensive platform with few games. the situation changed. however, expensive platform with few games is a perfect description for ps4/xone for the near future.

Yeah because you're so good at predicting stuff aren't you? You said 100% wouldn't sell under 6m for the year, oh look it has.

WiiU will be around 1.9m MAX end of 2013 in the US. PS4 only needs to sell 700k, XB 1m. Like I said it'll take an extra month or two for XB1, but PS4 will probably have done it in Dec.

Nah PS4 is ahead in most of Europe, we have no figures for Canada. Take off the 1.5m WiiU has in Japan and what do you get? 3.5m. Same as PS4.

We've yet to see any evidence the public will be interested in WiiU in 2014. If you think 3 games are going to change that then more fool you. It's getting 1 notable game per Q, not enugh, XB1 and PS4 will be getting multiple.

Around the Network
Seece said:
AZWification said:
Seece said:
AZWification said:
vivster said:
chakkra said:
MTZehvor said:
Call me crazy, but I'm going with Wii U here. I expect the PS4 to pass it at some point, but I think Nintendo's 2014 lineup (Donkey Kong, Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros) is enough to delay that into 2015.

I won't call you crazy. Those are pretty good games and I can see why you have faith in them; but in my opinion the PS4 has an stronger line up of games for 2014, even if it is just quantity wise.

Just to name a few: The Witcher 3, Infamous: Second Son, Destiny, The Order: 1886, The Crew, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Metal Gear Solid, Thief, Wolfenstein: The New Order, Driveclub, Dying Light, Final Fantasy XIV Online, The Elder Scrolls Online, Minecraft (I don't know what  the fuss is with this game but people seem to love it).

Now, I know some of these games are not gonna be PS4 exclusives, but they are games that are NOT gonna be on the WiiU, and are games that would make me go for the PS4 instead of the WiiU (if I were to buy another console on 2014) well, except for Minecraft.

^this.

Are Nintendo fans really that blinded by the handful of great titles for the WiiU that they ignore the great lineup the other consoles have?

I mean have a look at this and show me how much anticipated the WiiU games are in comparison to PS4/X1 titles.

http://www.vgchartz.com/preorders/41637/USA/

Killzone  Shadowfall, Forza 5, Dead Rising 3, Ryse all had more pre orders than 3D World and yet 3D World outsold all of them..

according to Vgchartz, 3D World did outsold them  in America. It may be overtracked, but I am using the numbers  VgChartz has.

In US and Europe? No. 3D World outsold them WW thanks to Japan.

According to VGChartz, 3D World did outsold them in America. 3D World sold 580k in America and the closest game was Shadowfall with 450k.. 3D World did worse in Europe thanks to Uk, because  it had great sales in  France and Germany.. .Also, 3D World outsold ALL of them  in Germany and France..

Nope.

NPD Leaks

0.22-0.27 million units - Killzone: Shadowfall
0.21-0.22 million units - Dead Rising 3
0.20-0.22 million units - Super Mario 3D World
0.185-0.20 million units - Forza Motorsports 5
0.185-0.2 million units - Ryse: Son of Rome

How old are these leaks? I must have missed them.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

SuperWatch111 said:
Seece said:
AZWification said:

Killzone  Shadowfall, Forza 5, Dead Rising 3, Ryse all had more pre orders than 3D World and yet 3D World outsold all of them..

UM fail. 3D world has Sold more units in north America than in Japan, which is equal to Europe sales . For me Ps4>Wii U>>Xbox1

Fail, take away Japan sales and it's behind WW, which is what I meant.

@ AZWifi - they're from Nov NPD, only a few weeks ago.

vivster said:
AZWification said:

So far. But how many consoles did it sell?

Those titles are smallfry against what's to come this year.

I'm not dismissing the Nintendo  lineup by any means but the PS4/X1 lineup is at least equal in quality and better in quantity. Also they still have the hype for them going. I can't see any possibility the WiiU can sell more consoles based on its software lineup.

Wii u's 2014 lineup is quite ahead of ps4/xone's. and even games that may actually be big, like FF 15 (if it's 2014), still have lot's of time to be confirmed for wii u.

Just looking at preorders in the US, easily the PS4. The system is completely dominating in the rest of the world, and god only knows how amazing it will do when it releases in Japan and starts receiving JRPGs. I am very interested to see how the Wii-U will do though.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Around the Network
Zero999 said:
vivster said:
AZWification said:

So far. But how many consoles did it sell?

Those titles are smallfry against what's to come this year.

I'm not dismissing the Nintendo  lineup by any means but the PS4/X1 lineup is at least equal in quality and better in quantity. Also they still have the hype for them going. I can't see any possibility the WiiU can sell more consoles based on its software lineup.

Wii u's 2014 lineup is quite ahead of ps4/xone's. and even games that may actually be big, like FF 15 (if it's 2014), still have lot's of time to be confirmed for wii u.

it isn't. Uncharted and Halo will outsell every WiiU exclusive this year. WiiU won't be getting many if any big third party games, third parties have been burnt enough,

PS4>Wii U>XBONE

The safe but boring prediction. I don't see much reason for XBONE to not be last ww.

By the end of 2014 I predict:
PS4: 11.5-14 million
Wii U: 10.5-13.5 million
XB1: 10-12.5 million

Seece said:
SuperWatch111 said:
Seece said:
AZWification said:

UM fail. 3D world has Sold more units in north America than in Japan, which is equal to Europe sales . For me Ps4>Wii U>>Xbox1

Why would you use the November NPD, that's quite dump you were just trying to make it seem like the 3D world sold terribly, when in fact it sold that amount in its FIRST week on sale. 3D world has been on the top ten selling games charts for a month now dude, with Super Mario bros U joining it.

SuperWatch111 said:
Seece said:
SuperWatch111 said:
Seece said:
AZWification said:

Why would you use the November NPD, that's quite dump you were just trying to make it seem like the 3D world sold terribly, when in fact it sold that amount in its FIRST week on sale. 3D world has been on the top ten selling games charts for a month now dude, with Super Mario bros U joining it.

Why would I use NPD? Because it's the only accurate info we have, that and UK charts which Mario 3D isn't even in. Like I said, 3D world sold the most thanks to Japan, in other countries it sold less than Killzone, Dead Rising ect. (Heck even Knack in the UK).