By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - LOL "Nintendo Wii to Displace Xbox 360"

maybe what they were trying to say in between all those flawed predictions is that the wii will be ahead of the 360 in 2008 for the first time in america...

Around the Network

@zackblue

They have banned her several times.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

TheSource said:

This article has another thread but...

What I hate most about it is they ignore the lifetime shipment totals.

Xbox 360: 17.7 million shipped to date through 12/31/2007

Wii: 20.13 million shipped to date through 12/31/2007.

The fact that Wii shipped more in less time (1/2 the time on shelves) is indicative there is less stock at retail, which means not only has Nintendo shipped more, it sells more units per shipped allocation.  On average it is probably something like 85 Xbox 360s sell out for 100 shipped instantly, Wiis sell at something more like 92-95 for 100 shipped.

Let's mention the other thread first, which is "iSuppli WTF" by FishyJoe. I agree about ignoring the shipped figures. They estimate that Wii has sold 18M and it's still behind 360, while M$ gave official shipped figures of 17,7M. So according to iSuppli, 360 has sold more than 300k more, than what it has even shipped. And people say VGC is off...

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

cebrian said:
maybe what they were trying to say in between all those flawed predictions is that the wii will be ahead of the 360 in 2008 for the first time in america...

That would make sense, but their numbers still smell like crack pipe and bong water.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

For posterity's sake, here's a link to the previous topic that article spawned:

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=17412#end

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

Around the Network

My god ... who the hell did write this article ? Man thats full of s**t :P

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

The Wii's performance illustrates the success

LOL are you serious perrformace, the wii is less powerful than a 360, and microsoft will NEVER be replaced, bill gates carries more money in his back pocket then nintendo has as a net worth. 

Maybe i should get a job at iSuppli and make some "good" predictions and make some money in progress XD

Nothing's cheaper than something free.

F1 vs FOTA, when too much power is in couple peoples hands.

---------------------------------------------------------------

McClarkles said:

LOL are you serious perrformace, the wii is less powerful than a 360, and microsoft will NEVER be replaced, bill gates carries more money in his back pocket then nintendo has as a net worth. 

He was talking about sales, despite what you want to believe.

"Replaced" meaning Wii will replace 360 as the top-selling console this gen. Which actually happened last August, meaning that this report is totally wrong, which is the point of thread. Try actually reading the thread instead of relying on your fanboy goggles to find little phrases for you to attempt to dispute.

About the net worth thing... maybe. I couldn't find any concrete facts on that. (I didn't really look very hard.) 

Sam Yikin said:
McClarkles said:

He was talking about sales, despite what you want to believe.

"Replaced" meaning Wii will replace 360 as the top-selling console this gen. Which actually happened last August, meaning that this report is totally wrong, which is the point of thread. Try actually reading the thread instead of relying on your fanboy goggles to find little phrases for you to attempt to dispute.

About the net worth thing... maybe. I couldn't find any concrete facts on that. (I didn't really look very hard.) 

With the help of Google:

Nintendo market cap on Feb 19th 2008: 60,375 million dollars (source: http://quote.morningstar.com/Quote/Quote.aspx?ticker=NTDOY&TimeFrame=D1&byrefresh=yes) 

Bill Gates Net Worth (based on his Microsoft shares) on3:08pm ET on 2/19/2008: 24,181 million dollars (source: http://evan.snew.com/ecgi/gates.cgi?1912253065867154909599718092820802)

So no, Bill Gates definitely does not carry more money in his back pocket than is Nintendo's net worth.