By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - What's the point of no return for WiiU?

What's the point of no return for WiiU?

When/if MK fails 121 35.07%

When/if Smash fails 64 18.55%

When/if a $100 cut fails 78 22.61%

Other 79 22.90%

Total:342
criminalnintendo said:

@aryu  preorders

preorders =/= sales so how is it best-selling when it hasn't sold anything yet?

PS3, PS4, PSV, Wii U, 3DS + 3DS XL Owner.

PlayStation Nation

NNID: aminryu1

I need to stop buying games...

Around the Network
TheGhosts said:

I really hate those Fanboy Threads!!! People like you thought the Nintendo 3DS will fail and look where it is now!!! The Nintendo Wii U is only one year old just wait and see. If the Nintendo Wii U is not a success in 3-4 years than you can start making threads like this if you want, but until then you should be more worried about the PlayStation Vita because the Nintendo Wii U sales are going up because of the great games which where released in the last 2 months!!!

More worried about 3DS now than I was in its first year tbh, it looks like its had its peak judging by sales.

I don't see how this is a fanboy thread? You're aware that's bannable right?

Also I couldn't give a toss about Vita sales ...

So the Wii is a super success? For investors yes for gamers it's a maybe. More grandmas preferred the Wii and more gamers liked the other 2 consoles. You can talk sales of over 100 million but no one has designing wii games for a while and look at PS3 and 360. But yeah sales are how we measure success. I measure success by how many defining titles you make where is GTA5, Metal Gear anything, Last of Us, Heavy Rain, Uncharted, Beyond two Souls? The PS3 and 360 are still very much alive. The only thing keeping the Wii alive is Mario, Kirby, and Just Dance great games but hardly defining titles. So screw sales I would take great games from 3rd party developers over 100 million sales and great Mario, Kirby, and just dance titles any day.

TheGhosts said:

I really hate those Fanboy Threads!!! People like you thought the Nintendo 3DS will fail and look where it is now!!! The Nintendo Wii U is only one year old just wait and see. If the Nintendo Wii U is not a success in 3-4 years than you can start making threads like this if you want, but until then you should be more worried about the PlayStation Vita because the Nintendo Wii U sales are going up because of the great games which where released in the last 2 months!!!

in 3 or 4 years the Wii U will be 4 or 5 years old and the successor would already be announced even if it had Wii like success... Im fairly certain the appropriate time to make this kind of thread is now considering if the Wii U goes no where in 2014 then it wont go anywhere anywhen else

@aryu best selling to them on their site, there have been many sales, due to preorders...whether or not the preorders are dropped, is unknown.

Around the Network

If the Wii U hasn't reached 10 million sold by the end of 2014, if MK8 fails to sell 3 million and fails to move units, if SSB fails to sell 2 million and fails to move units and if games like Yarn Yoshi, Bayonetta 2, DKTF etc. sell under 500k each. Otherwise it still has hope.

Predictions! By the end of 2014... PS4: 15 million +, Wii U: 12 million, XOne: 9.5 million! 

jrRodney said:
So the Wii is a super success? For investors yes for gamers it's a maybe. More grandmas preferred the Wii and more gamers liked the other 2 consoles. You can talk sales of over 100 million but no one has designing wii games for a while and look at PS3 and 360. But yeah sales are how we measure success. I measure success by how many defining titles you make where is GTA5, Metal Gear anything, Last of Us, Heavy Rain, Uncharted, Beyond two Souls? The PS3 and 360 are still very much alive. The only thing keeping the Wii alive is Mario, Kirby, and Just Dance great games but hardly defining titles. So screw sales I would take great games from 3rd party developers over 100 million sales and great Mario, Kirby, and just dance titties any day.

Ban this guy for hating on the titties.

I am fairly confident Mario Kart will sell like the Gamecube, or the N64 version. That happening will pretty much show it is time to make a new console for Nintendo. The Wii and Mario kart Wii are clearly  outliers of Nintendo products.

TSNFLD said:
If the Wii U hasn't reached 10 million sold by the end of 2014, if MK8 fails to sell 3 million and fails to move units, if SSB fails to sell 2 million and fails to move units and if games like Yarn Yoshi, Bayonetta 2, DKTF etc. sell under 500k each. Otherwise it still has hope.

Wii U needs to reach 14m by the end of 2014 to have a chance... (hint... those are gamecube level sales).

i would say that wii-u are over it now..

I also knows that there are some (very few lets say about 1000 of the worlds 300 millions gamers) who wish nintendo to doom..

Theese people.. I think have about 2-3 month left.. after that it will be back to the "nintendo is childish" the upad i gimmick" and "nintendo use to much color" as we know them..

jrRodney said:
Why do users care about sales as long as you can play what you want. I think people should let market investors worry about who sales more? We are users not market investors. More consoles never equal better games.

Furthermore, MK8 and Smash Bros failure is not dictated by sales it's dictated by whether they are good games. How many crappy games have sold a crapload of units?

You do realize this a forum about sales discussion right? What the hell else would we talk about? 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!