By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The how much money I spend on gaming in 2014 thread

Yesterday i got finally an Xbox One+Titanfall+Forza 5 for 429€.

Around the Network
  • 500 € so far for games in 2014.
  • 200 € for a Wii U (actually 226 €, but I counted 26 € as software costs for the included Nintendo Land)
  • 255 € for a PS4 (remaining costs after selling the camera, 2nd DS4 + Killzone and taking account of the profit for a sold-through launch-PS4)

I'm tracking my game expenses for a few years now... up to 150 € per month are okay in my book. Most years I stay under 120 € per month on average:

Conina said:
  • 500 € so far for games in 2014.
  • 200 € for a Wii U (actually 226 €, but I counted 26 € as software costs for the included Nintendo Land)
  • 255 € for a PS4 (remaining costs after selling the camera, 2nd DS4 + Killzone and taking account of the profit for a sold-through launch-PS4)

I'm tracking my game expenses for a few years now... up to 150 € per month are okay in my book. Most years I stay under 120 € per month on average

- snip - awesome pic

man i wished i had done that.. Would have loved to see my expenditures shifting around.. Like your steam growing larger while pc dvd grow smaller.. Is the PC market still big in germany? I remember buying german magazines like PC games and getting full games with it back in the days as a teenager (also helped with learning german for school)

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

January- Nothing that I can remember.
February- Bravely Default, DKCR (90)
March- Nothing
April- Nothing

Total- $90

Pretty light so far. I'll be getting Kirby 3D and Mario Kart in may which would be another 100 or so. Both versions of Smash for 100. So that will be 300 by the end of the year. Probably 500 for the year when all is said and done.

Yeah, PC is still the most popular gaming platform in Germany. Consoles make more revenue by now, but only because their game prices are higher.

And for my excel sheet: I can also filter these lists for genres or platforms (or set different filters)... i love pivot tables ;)

Around the Network

April's been pretty modest. After some expenive months, I haven't done much. So far I've only gotten:

-Max and the Curse of Brotherhood (Xbox One)
-Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate (Wii U)

I think they were $15 and $20 respectively. Considering getting Ryse and Dead Rising for Xbox One but I don't know if I really want or need those games. I'll probably just hold what I got.

http://imgur.com/EV8BuUm

Could I count this as spending >.> considering I technically spent around 200euros on games but traded them all in that day for around 700euros of credit in proper gamestores in town here lol, Girl in gamestop did look at me a bit odd when trading in my 3rd copy of Thief... meh got 32euros per copy tho.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

ganoncrotch said:

Could I count this as spending >.> considering I technically spent around 200euros on games but traded them all in that day for around 700euros of credit in proper gamestores in town here lol, Girl in gamestop did look at me a bit odd when trading in my 3rd copy of Thief... meh got 32euros per copy tho.

I don't know if it counts as spending but it might count as being a genius.

d21lewis said:
ganoncrotch said:

I don't know if it counts as spending but it might count as being a genius.

Was kinda happy too since I'm a big fan of Skylanders and had wanted to see what the disney clone of it was like, got a starter kit of Disney infinity for 5euros..... Fucking horrible game tho, would infuriate kids I'd say in comparison to the way skylanders offers you a story and worlds to run about in.

Was nice trading it into a pawn store here tho for 35euros the next day, was the most fun I coulda got out of it :D

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

TOO much. lol