By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 Will Probably Outsell Wii U by Spring Globally - Michael Pachter

Max King of the Wild said:
DietSoap said:

And lol, yeah you better hope they don't drop it to $200, because the Wii U is going to absolutely crush the One and PS4 when it does.

and put Nintendo into the red for years to come

How would you like to make a bet that not only will they drop it to $200 in 2014 (really now, I can't believe you think a $100 price drop after 2 years, the industry standard, is crazy), but they will continue to make an overall profit for 2014 and 2015?

Hell, I'll even raise the stakes and say they'll have an overall profit for every quarter in 2015. How about it?

Around the Network
DietSoap said:
DietSoap said:

And lol, yeah you better hope they don't drop it to $200, because the Wii U is going to absolutely crush the One and PS4 when it does.

How would you like to make a bet that not only will they drop it to $200 in 2014 (really now, I can't believe you think a $100 price drop after 2 years, the industry standard, is crazy), but they will continue to make an overall profit for 2014 and 2015?

Hell, I'll even raise the stakes and say they'll have an overall profit for every quarter in 2015. How about it?

Lets bet ps4 surpassess wii-u this year..Gamecube had those games what diff did it make?

PS4 will probably pass the Wii U in February, but is certain to by the end of March.

Iamdamilkman said:
DietSoap said:
DietSoap said:

Lets bet ps4 surpassess wii-u this year..Gamecube had those games what diff did it make?

That's a seperate bet, but I'll take it as long as we're talking full year 2014 sales rather than the PS4 simply passing it for like 2 weeks before Mario Kart comes out. What are your conditions for winner/loser?

DietSoap said:
DietSoap said:

$150 price drop in 2 years is not standard. cutting 43% of price is NOT standard. Oh... and gamecube cut price like that. So if I were you I would stop banking on events that had no impact for the GC to work on Wii U

Around the Network
Iamdamilkman said:
Zero999 said:

"2 games"

You heard it first here, folks. wii u only has two games in 2014 and it's situation didn't get any better already.

Thats not what he said you took that completely out of context. He was just quoting what another poster said about those 2 games making such a huge difference (They won"t).

keep believing two of the biggest franchises in the industry won't do anything.

DietSoap said:
Iamdamilkman said:
DietSoap said:
DietSoap said:

That's a seperate bet, but I'll take it as long as we're talking full year 2014 sales rather than the PS4 simply passing it for like 2 weeks before Mario Kart comes out. What are your conditions for winner/loser?

Yes year 2014 sales.....Easiest bet I will have ever won. If I win you have to put a sig for a year, IAMDAMILKMAN was right, PS4 is a beast and outsold wii-u in 2014.

Rafux said:
DietSoap said:

Well... What does the PS4 or One even have for 2014 that can match two of the biggest hitters in the entire industry, Smash and Mario Kart (you know, the game that sold over 30 million last gen)? Infamous 3million LTD? Titanfall that's also on 360 and PC? Some crossgen multiplats also strewn across both next gen platforms and PC, with some even on Wii U?

Seriously, I'm just not seeing anything that can even come close to pushing units like Smash and Mario Kart. Couple that with my expectation that a new mainline Zelda and a new Metroid will be shown off this E3 as well as a drop to $200 for the holidays (not even counting the black friday deals), and yeah... I just don't see how either the PS4 or One can hope to match it.

The Wii U is going to absolutely explode in sales this year, I still can't believe people foolishly underestimate Nintendo time and time again only for them to dominate each and every time.

Mario Kart and Smash Bros will save the Wii U like they did with the Gamecube... oh wait a minute

Don't understimate Titanfall its going to blow up also Destiny is releasing his long awaited new game and Watchdogs looks like a winner.

yeah, mario kart and smash bros popularity was so much higher back then, OH WAIT.

DietSoap said:
DietSoap said:

$150 price drop in 2 years is not standard. cutting 43% of price is NOT standard.

$100, there was a $299 SKU right from launch.

Nitpicking aside, I take it you're not confident in what you're said earlier? You see how likely it is now they'll drop it to $200 and still make a profit in 2014 and every quarter of 2015? Or do you want to take the bet after all?

Zero999 said:
Iamdamilkman said:
Zero999 said:

"2 games"

You heard it first here, folks. wii u only has two games in 2014 and it's situation didn't get any better already.

Thats not what he said you took that completely out of context. He was just quoting what another poster said about those 2 games making such a huge difference (They won"t).

keep believing two of the biggest franchises in the industry won't do anything.

When it comes to outselling ps4?? they won't. Overall yes they will, stop arguing semantics a nd nitpicking peoples words, it shows desperation.