By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 Will Probably Outsell Wii U by Spring Globally - Michael Pachter

Oh, so its just the usual for these kind of threads. Sony fanboys agree with it, Nintendo fanboys don't. Shocking!

OT: No it won't.

Estelle and Adol... best characters ever! XD

Around the Network
Zero999 said:
Rafux said:
Zero999 said:
DerNebel said:
Zero999 said:

“I am pretty sure the Wii U will still be ahead in March, but PS4 is going to pass it in 2014 at some point. PS4 will only be at 5-5.5 million by March, Wii U should be a hair ahead of that. Probably April or May,” said Pachter.

I thought this guy couldn't get more stupid. guess I was wrong.

Thanks for your opinion on someone elses console sales prediction Mr "10.2mil Wii Us sold by the end of 2013" and "22mil Wii Us sold by the end of 2014"

thank you for the useless thread derailment quote.

Its completely fair that he call you out on your terrible predictions like when you said that PS4/X1 won't sell because Wii U wasn't selling.

I never said ps4k/xone won't sell because wii u wasn't selling, thanks for the lie. ps4k/xone won't sell after holidays  because they don't have what it takes to do it (price and games).

So now is after the holidays, ok then you better start working on your next excuse when PS4/X1 continue to have healthy sales thanks to third party software (yep I'm looking at you Titanfall/Watchdogs/Destiny).

this is what i call a safe prediction. Pachter is learning to be less adventurous making predictions i guess.

very entertaining thread, if the only reason people are denying this is games that are releasing in feb/march i'm gonna have to say "denial". some very nice meltdowns either way

vivster said:
Nem said:

Another one that doesnt undertand principles.

Do you really expect me to give more hits to such an article? I dont incentivate this type of knee jerk news.

All you're telling me is the question was loaded. But Pachter wasnt shy to take the potshot.

No I am telling you that the portion I quoted is in the first post of this very thread, which you already clicked. So you're not even reading past the first paragraph.

Second, the question wasn't loaded. The question was: "Do you think the PS4 will outsell the Wii U in spring?"

He answered yes and then quoted himself for a number he already gave a month ago.

But of course I understand that an X1 fanboy would always include the X1 in any topic regardless if it was mentioned or not.

No only are you uncapable of making a polite post, as you also lie.

Nowhere on the opening post does it say he was asked anything, sorry to disappoint. You are the one that didnt pay atention to what the OP said.

daredevil.shark said:
Michael Pachter Says PS4 Will Probably Outsell Wii U by Spring Globally

The PlayStation 4 is on track to pass the Wii U’s lifetime sales by April or May, according to Michael Pachter, well-known predictor of gaming-related sales trends.

“I am pretty sure the Wii U will still be ahead in March, but PS4 is going to pass it in 2014 at some point. PS4 will only be at 5-5.5 million by March, Wii U should be a hair ahead of that. Probably April or May,” said Pachter.

The PS4 has reached 3.4 million units sold compared to the Wii U’s 5 million units sold, according to VGChartz. The difference, of course, is that the PlayStation 4 was released on Nov. 15, 2013, while the Wii U made its debut on Nov. 18, 2012.

GamerFitNation suspected that the PS4 would outsell the Wii U by March, and we contacted Pachter, managing director of equity research for Wedbush Securities, for his opinion.

There’s a ton of PS4 games coming out around March. Exclusives like Infamous: Second Son, releasing on Mar. 21, and other highly anticipated titles like Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Thief, Basement Crawl and Planetside 2 will push those who are on the fence about buying a next-generation console. The Wii U, in comparison, has few titles coming out around that time. The only one which has any potential to bring gamers to the console is Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze.

Source: http://gamerfitnation.com/2014/01/michael-pachter-says-ps4-will-probably-outsell-wii-u-by-spring/

Oh whats that? You're implying i didnt read again when i clearly did? You said the portion YOU posted. Well, my good fellow member, but you're not the OP and i couldnt care less what you say. I didnt even quote you, you quoted me. Its beyond me why you would think i was talking to you.

Thank you! Dont come again.

Seems late
The Week of the Japan Launch is probably more reasonable.

Around the Network
Torillian said:
Alright guys, let's move away from Zero's horrible horrible predictions and back onto the topic at hand please.

but its SO funny...i kid i kid

... Did he just forget about Mario Kart in spring or something?

I like Pachter and all, but yeah, nah, 2014 is going to be an absolute monster of a year for the Wii U. Between that and Smash it's going to sell more than the PS4 and Xbox One for the full year easily.

you'd figure at this point some people will have had their fill of crow, but i guess not

DietSoap said:

I like Pachter and all, but yeah, nah, 2014 is going to be an absolute monster of a year for the Wii U. Between that and Smash it's going to sell more than the PS4 and Xbox One for the full year easily.

quoted, just for the lulz

(i can be wrong though)

DietSoap said:

I'm just...I... seriously how can people still make assumptions like that? You know you're on a sales site here so you can easily look at the data we have, right? How can you look at those numbers and still think that 2 games are suddenly going to completely turn the Wii U around?