By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 starts dominating - outsells WiiU and X1 combined (Read OP, please)

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Lenny93 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Cheebee said:
Also, 3DS outsold PS4 + Xbone combined.
Also, X360 outsold Xbone by 100k, but 3DS still outsold it + PS4, combined.
Also, 3DS outsold Vita by over 900k.

3DS dominates everything.

Yeah, the 3DS is a handheld which can be purchased for less than $200. Of course its going to be easier to pick up. Even i was contemplating buying one just because it was so cheap. It shouldnt be compared to main consols though.

Based on this logic, we shouldn't compare Wii U sales to XBox one sales because of the price disparity. PS vita is cheaper than the new gen consoles but isn't selling better. People are buying the 3DS because they want it, not just because of it's price.

Not true. I said consoles should be separated from handhelds completely. Handhelds are more affordable at launch than consoles and available to take around with you. Different group of gamers. It seems some people in Japan dont even play consoles anymore, but still pick up handhelds. 

The Vita has no known characters for it and Sony wont subject game development of their second tier characters solely to the Vita like Nintendo does with theirs. They lack the games and the approachable television shows. That and no Monster Hunter that I know of. 

Sony made the PSP because Nintedo had a handheld without competition. Separate group.

Different group of gamers? really? Perhaps you are correct, but without any surveys/statistics how can we know? (unless you can point me in the direction of some). The 3DS is a dedicated gaming device, the next gen consoles are dedicated gaming devices. All entertainment sectors competes with each other because time and money spent on one thing is time and money not being spent on another. The more similar they are the more they have to compete with each other. The Xbox one is a bigger competitor to the PS4 than the 3DS because they are more similar but the 3DS is still a competitor to the PS4 because it is still similar, just less so.

Sales prediction, PS4: 122 Million, Xbox one: 50 million, Switch: 105 million. 

Around the Network
Blood_Tears said:
Well to be fair the X1 hasn't launched in all European countries yet so the numbers will improve for MS. However, why are Nintendo fans ignoring Wii U sales? Every time sales figures are shown for Wii U it immediately gets downplayed and the only thing Nintendo fans have to say is "3DS is King".

Sure, we all know that 3DS will have higher numbers but comparisons are about home consoles, not $129 handhelds. 3DS isn't in the title of the thread, nor is it in the comparison of the consoles shown.

So true, it's funny and dumb at the same time, to be reduced to compare home console vs handheld to make forget Wii U...

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

pezus said:
bobfulci said:
Ljink96 said:
dsp333 said:
DevilRising said:
I do hope you don't seriously think that level of weekly sales if going to maintain for long past the holidays.

Agreed, there's no way in hell the Wii U will continue to sell even half as well as the PS4 once January begins.

You do understand that Smash Bros. and Mario Kart are coming out next year right? Just asking...

You know, Nintendo has an AMAZING group of games already on shelves and another batch of AMAZING games coming soon. Now, combine that with a price drop and lwt's see where this generation goes. I remember people laughing about the 3DS and it's lackluster sales UNTIL the price drop. Who's laughing now? I am not sure why some people here have such a huge problem with Nintendo but you are missing out on some really fun games!

And where do you see this gen going?

I see Nintendo giving Sony a really good run for their money. The Xbox might pull a rabbit out of their hat at some point but I see them locked into a third place position. So many people here are counting Nintendo out WAY too early and I really do believe they will be neck and neck with Sony during this generation. Again, just my opinion though I am sure to be called every name in the book by a few people here..lol

Try to do at least ONE good deed everyday....

Aerys said:
Blood_Tears said:
Well to be fair the X1 hasn't launched in all European countries yet so the numbers will improve for MS. However, why are Nintendo fans ignoring Wii U sales? Every time sales figures are shown for Wii U it immediately gets downplayed and the only thing Nintendo fans have to say is "3DS is King".

Sure, we all know that 3DS will have higher numbers but comparisons are about home consoles, not $129 handhelds. 3DS isn't in the title of the thread, nor is it in the comparison of the consoles shown.

So true, it's funny and dumb at the same time, to be reduced to compare home console vs handheld to make forget Wii U...

True indeed. Which goes for the Sony fans as well. Vita's doing worse than WiiU, but let's ignore that 'cos PS3's doing awesome!

Don't even try to argue that's not true.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

JohnMeyers said:
prayformojo said:
Cheebee said:
prayformojo said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said

Also, nothing will come close? 3ds says hi!

He was talking about home consoles. Consoles and handhelds don't compete with one another.

Ah, but they do. Only on forums such as this they sometimes don't when it's closemindedly convenient, but in reality they do, very much.

You can claim they're not in competition until you're blue in the face - they compete on the only front that matters in the end: for the money and time consumers are willing to spend on such entertainment, and that's a simple truth and fact, whether anyone likes it or not. There's just no way around it. Tablets and smartphones compete with handhelds and consoles for that matter, too, and are destroying all of them in sales.

With your reasoning, HBO,Netflix, the internet, Direct TV, sporting events, plays, movies and county fairs are in direct competition with Wii-U. haha

These comments are so absurd! What is wrong with you people?

No, you can not apply the reasoning that 3DS has a lot to do with the gaming industry to HBO, netflix etc. Those companies are not actively involved in the gaming industry. The revenue they recieve from their sales and services do not go into making more games because they are not in the gaming industry. On the other hand, 3DS is helping Nintendo keep afloat, getting more third party support and bringing consumers to the Wii U. Therefore, it can absolutely be compared to the PS4, because the PS4 is also getting Sony revenue which it puts into marketing and making games. Now tell me, how is this difficult to understand?

I'll use this analogy until it sinks in. Comparing handhelds and consoles is like comparing motorcycles and cars. The two have never been in competition and never will be no matter how hard some people want to pretend they are. The companies don't think so, this WEBSITE doesn't think so (notice how the bar graph has them seperated?) and gamers never thought so. It's a seperate market and a seperate device.

PS4,Xbone,Wii-U

3DS,PS Vita

Around the Network
Cheebee said:
Aerys said:
Blood_Tears said:

True indeed. Which goes for the Sony fans as well. Vita's doing worse than WiiU, but let's ignore that 'cos PS3's doing awesome!

Don't even try to argue that's not true.

Not everyone, anyway, both are not a success, saying one is doing worse than the other is not gonna change anything...The differ

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Ljink96 said:
dsage01 said:
Ljink96 said:
dsp333 said:
DevilRising said:
I do hope you don't seriously think that level of weekly sales if going to maintain for long past the holidays.

Agreed, there's no way in hell the Wii U will continue to sell even half as well as the PS4 once January begins.

You do understand that Smash Bros. and Mario Kart are coming out next year right? Just asking...

You do understand that games like Mario 3D world and NMSB Wii U barely led to an increase in Wii U sales? 
And you do understand without tripple A games at the moment such as Uncharted 4, Gran Turismo 5 (which are coming out next year) PS4 is still dominating the Wii U. Heck its doing that with barely any supply at the moment and no release in Japan until next year. I doubt games like Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros are going to cause any damage to the PS4.

Why are we talking about damage, you guys take this thing waaay to far. This isn't  a war. If you were like the president who houses that PS4 you would understand that. Every company vies on the other's existance. Maybe Mario won't save Nintendo this time around but what matters most is profit and the 3DS is probably making up for Wii U's failures and then some. I have nothing against the PS4, there will be great games on it just as there will be on any other console. I'm just saying, Mario Kart and Smash Bros have outsold 3D Mario/2D Mario ever since the Gamecube. Hopefully at least 5 million of the 33 million that bought Mario Kart Wii will return once more. I don't care who dominates, as long as I get good games. Life is much easier when you play games because they are fun.

I must have mistook your eariler post. And yes I agree with you, I want more fun games and that's the only reason I play them (for fun!)

bobfulci said:
pezus said:
bobfulci said:
Ljink96 said:
dsp333 said:
DevilRising said:

You know, Nintendo has an AMAZING group of games already on shelves and another batch of AMAZING games coming soon. Now, combine that with a price drop and lwt's see where this generation goes. I remember people laughing about the 3DS and it's lackluster sales UNTIL the price drop. Who's laughing now? I am not sure why some people here have such a huge problem with Nintendo but you are missing out on some really fun games!

And where do you see this gen going?

I see Nintendo giving Sony a really good run for their money. The Xbox might pull a rabbit out of their hat at some point but I see them locked into a third place position. So many people here are counting Nintendo out WAY too early and I really do believe they will be neck and neck with Sony during this generation. Again, just my opinion though I am sure to be called every name in the book by a few people here..lol

Nintendo fans are kinda like Christians kids in a public school in this day and age. You are entitled to like whatever you want. That's why I hate it when people say a company sucks when they haven't outdone that company themselves. I don't know why people are acting like they're too old to like Nintendo.

Damn Sony. Damn. And please stop trying to compare 3DS to PS4, the price points and the much higher likeliness of multiple handhelds in one house make it silly to compare straight on.

I have to say i did not expect the number of wii u consoles to outsell the xbox one so early.

As for the PS4...I expect their "domination" as some people call it to drop considerably after christmas until some games actually come out for it. If you were basing things on games that are currently out there alone the ps4 would be the last of the 3 systems i would want right now.

This is not to bash the PS4 as it likely will lead 2014 in sales but i highly doubt it will outsell the wii u and xbone combined for much longer than this.