By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 starts dominating - outsells WiiU and X1 combined (Read OP, please)

Big numbers, but I will wait until summer to see where everything settles

And a big lol to everyone in here who think that just because 2 things are not extremely alike they are not competing with each other. PS4, X1, WiiU, 3DS. Vita, Netflix, Cable TV. DVDs, Blu-Rays, and HDTVs are all competing against each other for consumer dollars.

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

Around the Network

Amazing domination for PS4. Never thought I'd see this again after the way PS3 gen went.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

freedquaker said:
pezus said:
PlatformN. AmericaEuropeJapanGlobal
290,244 264,100 N/A 656,655
130,323 59,055 114,516 319,860
225,748 64,099 N/A 307,366

WiiU + X1 = 627k

Europe is looking like utter decimation by the PS4. Nothing will come close there. NA is more of a battle right now. Japan could also be a battle due to WiiU sales improving. 

Looks like my predictions are coming true already although it will take a bit more time for dust to settle, at least until summer 2014 when both consoles are released in most major regions.

see this original thread : http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=167458&page=1

Quote :

2) Regional Analysis  (including only MS and Sony Consoles)

a) Japan :  X360 has about 14 % of the Market share vs PS3's 86%, despite all those advantages. The next-gen spells nothing but doom in Japan for XB1, and I am estimating...

XB1 :  Less than 10%

PS4 : More than 90%

b) Europe :  The Market Shares are currently around 43% to 57%. This will take a major hit in PS4's favor:

XB1 :  Around 15-25 %

PS4 :  Around 75-85%

c) North America :  The Market Shares are currently around 62% to 38%. This will also take a major hit in PS4's favor but Xbox is almost as strong of a brand as PS in US, with a well established fan base. Although PS4 will eventually win a higher share, neither may be dominant.

XB1 :  Around 35-45%

PS4 :  Around 55-65%

d) Global Market Share: Current Market Share : 50%-50% But given the facts and estimates above, XB1 will take a major hit.

XB1 :  Around 24-33%

PS4 :  Around 67-76%

PS4 has no chance to win America. Once Xbox One drops price to $399 combined with Titanfall and Halo N.America will be Xbox territory. Xbox One is already selling almost 1:1 being $100 more expensive.

Not looking too good for Xbox1. be interesting to see how next year goes for all when the holiday season rush dies down.

JOKA_ said:
Big numbers, but I will wait until summer to see where everything settles

And a big lol to everyone in here who think that just because 2 things are not extremely alike they are not competing with each other. PS4, X1, WiiU, 3DS. Vita, Netflix, Cable TV. DVDs, Blu-Rays, and HDTVs are all competing against each other for consumer dollars.

Thanks a lot. I was trying to find some good reasoning here.

Around the Network

Xbox 13 countries,ps4 48

Vladimir7 said:
Xbox 13 countries,ps4 48

You mean there are more statistics in which PS4 is dominating the XB1?

My 8th gen collection

ICStats said:
Vladimir7 said:
Xbox 13 countries,ps4 48

You mean there are more statistics in which PS4 is dominating the XB1?

Don't give Major Nelson some major ideas.

I mean when comparing compare countries where both are available

Vladimir7 said:
I mean when comparing compare countries where both are available

So?