By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sessler: Nintendo needs to change controller for Wii U to succeed

Different analog positions are confuse? Come on. Try to use DS3 and XBox D-pad and try not to get confuse when the game prompts you to press "X". That's confusing.

Around the Network

What ever sessler, your times up. The wiiu controller is good as is.

The controller is fine. They just need 3 things:

1. I heard they made a bigger gamepad battery for Japan only. Localise it.
2. Make the pro controller useable without the original gamepad.
3. Sell the gamepad in stores like regular controllers (why the fck aren't they doing this?)

torok said:
Different analog positions are confuse? Come on. Try to use DS3 and XBox D-pad and try not to get confuse when the game prompts you to press "X". That's confusing.

Analog sticks are easy to transition to with no problem! But when a game has push X on the screen that can be a bitch,I own all systems and switching between them can be annoying for quick time event games as wii u xbox and ps X button and others are in different locations on all there controlers.so many deaths  :( 

I like the Pro Controller's button placement more than the PS4 or XBO's. It feels better. I guess I'm an abomination.

Around the Network
KingdomHeartsFan said:
Wright said:

Thankfully, the controller isn't misogynist.

*does a google search*

What?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEHqwcx9HhE

i hated the gamepad until.... i played it..

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~

Sessler being Sessler again. AKA Sessler meaning "I hate Nintendo Nintendo has to have FPS" again.

OMG why did I watch that drivel. Dude is the biggest hater in disguise, ever - talking about people not going to like his answer. Like buttons placement on a controller is suddenly going to make gamers go out an buy WiiUs in droves. Oh and by the way, news-flash, the Wii had the worse button placement of any Nintendo controller and was the worse for playing traditional games but the console still sold.

Nintendo Network ID: DaRevren

I love My Wii U, and the potential it brings to gaming.

Nintendo's Wii U gamepad controller is awesome! It does not need to be changed. The Wii U supports the WiiMote and Nunchuk and Pro controllers as well so what is everyone's deal with the gamepad being an additional way of playing games? People please try it before you knock it. Otherwise, just keep your opinions to yourself. The Wii U gamepad can add depth and offset certain portions of the games onto the screen as well as the entire game for offscreen play if the developers choose to have it do so. So please stop this nonsense about the controller(s) being an issue because it just isn't.