By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who here still enjoying their next gen purchases?

sabastian said:
It baffles me when people say that They will not purchase a new console until maybe 2 years or so into the life cycle. Really ? If that's the case, then that means that the console will sell horribly, and in turn , No developers will want to make games for that console .......
Its all good though, I'm an early adaptor and I luv the hell out of Killzone Shadow Fall/ Resogun & NFS Rivals.
The hardware is also a huge step up from the ps3. Its just missing a few things to make it perfect.
Can't wait for inFAMOUS

Or it would give Sony a message to innovate and release one or two really good games during launch. 

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
I'm going for my 4th ALBW playthrought and using my U for 3DFlop.

Me too, I've also finished it three times! :P Haven't finished on Hero so I'll try it out.

Didn't care too much for 3D World though because I like more control in my games... Low long jump and eight directions didn't get very well with me.. :/ Waiting for Galaxy 3 or something like that.

OT: I'm still enjoying my Wii U, haven't got a PS4, or Xbox One which probably won't get released in Norway for a year or something... But I know I wouldn't necessarily enjoy those consoles more than my Wii U at the moment. By the time Uncharted or a must buy for me comes out I think I'll get a PS4. But the one game I would buy day one for PS4 would be Ape Escape 4!! Those Japan only spin offs doesn't count.

Yep.

d21lewis said:
I was thinking of a similar thread. I've got money burning a hole in my pocket and I want to buy a next gen console but I know I'll be bored of 'em in no time. Happened with my N64, happened with my PS2 (thank God I had a Dreamcast until the good games came along), happened with my Wii, happened with my DS and happened with my Wii U. Pretty much any time I buy a console in the first few months, there's a drought.

*edit*  Nevermind.  I agree with what you said.  With the PS2, it had a great launch I think, but one game released the rest of that year I was interested in and it was six months to a year before other good games came out.  At the end of 2001, it started to get a lot of good releases.

kekrot said:
Pavolink said:

Me too, I've also finished it three times! :P Haven't finished on Hero so I'll try it out.

Didn't care too much for 3D World though because I like more control in my games... Low long jump and eight directions didn't get very well with me.. :/ Waiting for Galaxy 3 or something like that.

OT: I'm still enjoying my Wii U, haven't got a PS4, or Xbox One which probably won't get released in Norway for a year or something... But I know I wouldn't necessarily enjoy those consoles more than my Wii U at the moment. By the time Uncharted or a must buy for me comes out I think I'll get a PS4. But the one game I would buy day one for PS4 would be Ape Escape 4!! Those Japan only spin offs doesn't count.

I found hero mode to be the perfect difficulty and a good incentive to get upgrades and more life. Hopefully Zelda U has from the get go like TWW but more like ALBW, or even better, like SS.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Been playing my Wii U daily since I got it.

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
kekrot said:
Pavolink said:

I found hero mode to be the perfect difficulty and a good incentive to get upgrades and more life. Hopefully Zelda U has from the get go like TWW but more like ALBW, or even better, like SS.

I think it's safe to predict that Zelda U won't have Hero Mode from the start. TWW had it because it's a remake of a ten year old game where lots of people already finished it many years ago, and maybe bought it again this time, and Nintendo awarded them with the option to try Hero Mode right from the start.

Yep.

Went back to my Ps3 only to play The walking dead s2 , But have been blown away by BF4 and Resogun on my Ps4 and Dead Rising 3 on the x1.

kekrot said:

I think it's safe to predict that Zelda U won't have Hero Mode from the start. TWW had it because it's a remake of a ten year old game where lots of people already finished it many years ago, and maybe bought it again this time, and Nintendo awarded them with the option to try Hero Mode right from the start.

Well, Nintendo logic. They reward us with more difficulty.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

After I have done all Ryse achievements I've now moved on and play Forza 5 daily. I got a free copy of Fifa too though I've only played it once or twice. Online Forza is where it's at!!

I'll also get Halo: Spartan Assault soon too but my next purchase will be Assassin's Creed IV.

Definitely!

I don't think I'm gonna go for platinum on Resogun or Killzone (or Batman or Puppeteer) because I have just TOO many awesome games to play through now and I don't particularly care for platinums unless they're fun to get (also I hate MP ones and won't go out of my way for a trophy I won't enjoy getting because it's just grinding, I do them for challenge not monotony).

I've been playing some Battlefield but mostly I've been enjoying PS3. It's not because PS4 has a lack of games. While I finished Killzone and Resogun I still haven't started Black Flag or Contrast and haven't played KZ or BF on MP yet (which is the whole reason I got BF). It's just that Batman AO is actually REALLY good and I've been working over break and my goddamn brother always hogs my games when he's home (even though I own everything). He'll be gone come the 30th so then I'll have 2 weeks before school starts to get through Ratchet Nexus, AC4, and Contrast, finish KH HD (just started 1 before getting into origins) and Batman, and try out BF4 and KZ MP. I'm also gonna wanna beat Batman on I am the Knight difficulty. Also I wanna try Borderlands 2, Kingdoms of Amalure, and Dragon's Dogma on Plus. Then I'm getting Bioshock, DMC, Brothers, and Don't Starve in January for FREE!

In summary I'm enjoying the PS4 when I get a chance to play it.  Sony just needs to stop giving me so much reason to play PS3 and maybe I'll have more time for PS4.  The controller is awesome (though it's rough to keep switching) and the UI is so instantaneous I'm still impressed after weeks of play.  The online is VERY good and I hate visiting the store on PS3 now lol.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers