By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

dont dare to mention mystique quest in the same topic as quest :P

I actually loved mystique quest, specially the music.

Around the Network

Quest 64 absolutely sucked. The joke storyline, single character, joke inventory. All around, it was VASTLY WORSE than Mystic Quest.

If you want a good N64 RPG:

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about. By far the best and unfortunately only good RPG the N64 ever had.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Wait... Are you trying to say Super Paper Mario wasn't very good Onyxmeth? I consider it one of the best games from the generation so you best not go there ;)

I remember considering playing Quest 64 back in the day. So glad I never gave it a chance LOL. I played a lot of bad PS1 RPG's to make up for it though.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

I actually liked quest 64. I even liked it enough to play all the way through it.

[2:08:58 am] Moongoddess256: being asian makes you naturally good at ddr
[2:09:22 am] gnizmo: its a weird genetic thing
[2:09:30 am] gnizmo: goes back to hunting giant crabs in feudal Japan

Around the Network

I played it back in the day, it was fun and short from what i remember, it was also my first RPG.

Maybe I'm used to the better rpgs that I feel like this one was really bad.

One more repressed memory that being a member here has brought back. My god, what a disappointment.

mrstickball said:

Quest 64 absolutely sucked. The joke storyline, single character, joke inventory. All around, it was VASTLY WORSE than Mystic Quest.

If you want a good N64 RPG:

/orgasm

I love this game, one of my favorite all time.  Way better than Quest 64. 

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

good grief, I loved that game. Sure, the storyline was sparse, the character interaction was minimal, the items weren't nearly as acquirable as they needed to be, and the spells needed to be balanced better, but come on people, the battle systems was incredibly well thought out, and the stat system was superb.

It was a perfect combination of turn based system combined with real time action. You could DODGE attacks by monsters, there was a specific methodology to running away. Terrain MATTERS, where you stand when you cast your spells matters. You could build up your agility just by running around. HP goes up by hitting enemies with your staff more often, MP goes up by using spells more often, defense goes up by taking blows instead of dodging them.
Sure, it was only basic, but dragon warrior didn't start out significantly better. I would have loved to see a second, better scripted game made using that same battle system.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her