By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Does anyone else miss Onimusha?

*in ghostly voice*
"Jubei".

"Jubei".

Sometimes, I hear that in my sleep. Fighting Gogandantess (I think that's the name), the Greatest Swordsman of all Demons was one of the highlights of the gen. Not a fan of the RE tank controls anymore and I don't know how the heck they worked for a hach n' slash but yeah, I miss Onimusha.

Around the Network

I would have hated to see it become what RE6 has.

Dawn of Dreams was the only playable one for me. I hated the others for having such great stories (3 was kinda weird with its buddy cop vibe though) trapped with trash gameplay.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

It would be nice to have an Onimusha 4, but seeing Capcom's recent games doesn't give us any hope that an Onimusha 4 would be any good.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I love the Onimusha series but I remember reading a few years back that Capcom sees this frachise as a future bust because America isn't into samaurai or adian culture; just shooting things.

Capcom's not willing to take risk. They'll wait for America to be into it first.

Around the Network

ohhhhhhhhhhh! I missed it so much what a great game

Yep, add me on the list that misses Onimusha too.

But seeing how Capcom is working nowadays (*looks at the new DMC*), I almost prefer that they leave the IP alone.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Yes, first one was great beat it twice. Atmosphere and gameplay were great.

Miss Onimusha, definitely!

I actually miss pre-rendered backgrounds. A lot of people seem to think pre-rendered won't fly anymore, but they can look fucking beautiful! It allows for a degree of cinematography which is all but impossible with free camera games.

REmake has maybe the best looking environments in gaming, and it must be getting on for a decade old. PSX FF - all three had a nice ambiance that was done through pre-rendered backgrounds.

More Onimusha, more pre-rendered backgrounds! Just imagine how they'd look on next gen tech..

Funny you mention that as i remembered today (because im pondering to get DmC on discount) how Ninja Theory pitched an Onimusha reboot to capcom wich obviously seems to have been rejected.
I think they would have done a better job with Onimusha than DmC. The series doesnt have the same iconic main character they could butcher, so people would be more willing to accept change.

Personally though, i would rather a Dino Crisis sequal/reboot. I loved Dino Crisis 2. It was fun, fast and had a great story. Capcom proceeded to butcher it afterwards though. :(

Give back Regina and Dylan!