By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 Sells 134.000 Units in Spain (4.8:1 PS4:Xbone Ratio)

binary solo said:
GribbleGrunger said:

It's quite amusing watching people use the tried and tested dismissal of 'It's always been Sony land'. I wonder if that same tactic will be used in 'MS land' America ... ?

Thing is America hasn't yet been MS land. Xbox came a distant second to PS2 and it came a close second to Wii. A console can only claim "ownership" of a market if it's been fairly dominant there for at least 2 consecutive generations. Yes that means everywhere was Sonyland and early sales in all markets suggest everywhere could still be Sonyland with last gen only being an aberration. We'll see I guess.

You can't add imaginary conditions just to suit your argument. The 360 dominated America and so you can legitimately call it MS land.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:

You can't add imaginary conditions just to suit your argument. The 360 dominated America and so you can legitimately call it MS land.

There's a big difference between 360 dominating America, and Playstation, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4 and Playstation Vita dominating Spain.

Wright said:
GribbleGrunger said:

There's a big difference between 360 dominating America, and Playstation, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4 and Playstation Vita dominating Spain.

What I'm saying is people can't just dismiss something just because something is expected. It was expected that the X1 would sell better in America ... Why? because it's been dominated by the 360 for 7 years. Whether you call that MSland or not, it WAS the dominant console.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
Wright said:

What I'm saying is people can't just dismiss something just because something is expected. It was expected that the X1 would sell better in America ... Why? because it's been dominated by the 360 for 7 years. Whether you call that MSland or not, it WAS the dominant console.

Well, I agree with that.

http://www.expansion.com/agencia/efe/2013/12/23/19069144.html

Sony won't be able to restock until January 13th in Spain and think to lose 50.000/60.000 sales due to shortages.

I wonder if it will be the same everywhere, they will lose a lot of sales if this is the case

Around the Network

So it looks like Spain ist going to be very green Or anywhere else in Europe for that matter. If trends continue of course.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

GribbleGrunger said:
Wright said:
GribbleGrunger said:

Same for uk, Sony now dominate 2 MS lands

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

pezus said:
MyCodenameIsIan said:

I don't think Microsoft can just mislead investors with false numbers.  Microsoft are doing well to keep pace with the PS4, They have resupplied retailers in the UK several times, whilst Sony have only restocked once.  Microsoft have marketed the Xbox One more heavily in the UK then the PS4, with a lot of TV adverts and stores prominently displaying the Xbox One.

They have done so twice before in recent years... (with 360). We will just have to wait for their quarterly report to get accurate numbers and determine if their "2m" sold was just rounding up as the other two times or if it was indeed true. As it currently stands, I'd say it's unlikely that what they said is true for "sold to consumers", given all the numbers we have.

And despite them restocking several times in the UK, PS4 is still significantly ahead. And yet it launched a week later...

Since it is based on "their estimates," they wouldn't be getting in trouble.  Investors will mostly be looking at their financials/shipments.  Still, it's getting obvious they were just giving the number of their shipments to date and assuming that they were sold out across the globe.  With the numbers we have from EU, it's obvious this isn't happening.

Aerys said:
GribbleGrunger said:
Wright said:
GribbleGrunger said:

Same for uk, Sony now dominate 2 MS lands

For what I can see Sony will dominate America till february at best...and they might lose the UK sometime in 2014.