By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 Sells 134.000 Units in Spain (4.8:1 PS4:Xbone Ratio)

Great anecdotal evidence as usual kowen and wright you nearly described the american government. My only opposition was that kowen said spain is "Broken" and i called him out on his bullshit and showed proof that it's not "broken". Sure recovery might be slow but recovery is recovery and it doesn't look like Spain is broken.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
colafitte said:
kowenicki said:
ethomaz said:
the2real4mafol said:
Incredible when they have no jobs

Spain situation changed a lot from the latest years, no? It is getting better because I have a friend that live there and the worst period already passed... the things are stating to get better.

BTW there are rich in any country.

Not really.  Spain is a mess.  The worst is over everywhere, but Spain is broken.

Kowen...., i didn't expect any kind words from you about anything not Microsoft related, but you're a master at how to piss off people unnecessarily.

There's still a lot of people in this country that can afford a ps4 without problems, and they want a ps4 above Xbox One. Deal with it.

What has this to do with MS or Sony?  I was commenting on Ethomaz's take on Spain.  Of course there are people there that can afford a PS4 or One... like there is in almost every country on the planet.  But there are less in Spain than in any other western euro country aside from perhaps Portugal.

Calm down, stop seeing things that arent there.

Deal with it.

I not named Sony vs Microsoft. What i was trying to say was ... Stop derailing a news about something that doesn't make you happy with another topic as incendiary as politics about other country that is not yours. 

And in a personal level, I was pissed off that you used that situation (a problem that i have to live every day) in a way to distract the original topic (because altough i quoted your first post about this, you already posted 2 more about the economical situation of Spain) related to PS4 beating Xbox One and nothing else.

So, instead of a "congratulations PS4 for such selling numbers", what everyone read from you was "Spain is a mess, Spain is broken".

kowenicki said:

now go back to the beginning of the thread and see who brought the economy into this.... sure wasnt me.  2 or 3 others discussed it before me.

Apology accepted.

Are you implying i have to excuse me????, ogggghhh...

Nevermind, do as you please....as always. I think i made it clear what i was trying to say to you...

There are around 17,000,000 of employees in Spain, and we are sonyers.

Sony looks to be in control easily in major Europe and Asian countries.

I don't believe VG's data for US. Like most, anecdotal experience suggests PS4 has a higher demand. When I went to get mine at Best Buy, the employee was asked how many tickets he'd handed out and he said over 130 PS4's and over 40 Xbox One's

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Around the Network
colafitte said:

I not named Sony vs Microsoft. What i was trying to say was ... Stop derailing a news about something that doesn't make you happy with another topic as incendiary as politics about other country that is not yours. 

And in a personal level, I was pissed off that you used that situation (a problem that i have to live every day) in a way to distract the original topic (because altough i quoted your first post about this, you already posted 2 more about the economical situation of Spain) related to PS4 beating Xbox One and nothing else.

So, instead of a "congratulations PS4 for such selling numbers", what everyone read from you was "Spain is a mess, Spain is broken".

To be fair, he at first tried to use the PS3/360 ratio in spain to downplay the situation, unfortunately that ratio was noticeably smaller than PS4/X1. :D

It's quite amusing watching people use the tried and tested dismissal of 'It's always been Sony land'. I wonder if that same tactic will be used in 'MS land' America ... ?

The PS5 Exists. 

DerNebel said:
Did MS allocate the X1 completely wrong? What's the point of having X1s lying in huge quantities in stores around europe if noone's buying them anyway? They either should have allocated more to the US or release the system in more territories this holiday.

Any conjecture about yeilds aside MS constrained itself for launch countries due to language localisation demands for Kinect voice recognition. They took the decision that it's better to release late with some reasonable VR in the local language than release early with English and the other launch languages as the only options. I think that was a mistake on their part, and I think MS probably realises this now but too late to do anything about it. MS would have hoped to be a lot more competetive in these launch markets, but they are only treading water in the english speaking world and drowning everywhere else, more or less. And the yet to launch markets are all but dead for them now I reckon. Ironically the only market yet to launch whers they might perform as well as 360 could be Japan because PS4 hasn't launched there yet. Though it's hardly a great feat to do as well as 360 in Japan.

Unless WiiU has a couple of strong territories I can see PS4 having >50% market share globally for the generation,which means a shorter generation with MS and Ninty both deciding to hit the refresh button on or before the 5year mark.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:
DerNebel said:
Did MS allocate the X1 completely wrong? What's the point of having X1s lying in huge quantities in stores around europe if noone's buying them anyway? They either should have allocated more to the US or release the system in more territories this holiday.

Any conjecture about yeilds aside MS constrained itself for launch countries due to language localisation demands for Kinect voice recognition. They took the decision that it's better to release late with some reasonable VR in the local language than release early with English and the other launch languages as the only options. I think that was a mistake on their part, and I think MS probably realises this now but too late to do anything about it. MS would have hoped to be a lot more competetive in these launch markets, but they are only treading water in the english speaking world and drowning everywhere else, more or less. And the yet to launch markets are all but dead for them now I reckon. Ironically the only market yet to launch whers they might perform as well as 360 could be Japan because PS4 hasn't launched there yet. Though it's hardly a great feat to do as well as 360 in Japan.

Unless WiiU has a couple of strong territories I can see PS4 having >50% market share globally for the generation,which means a shorter generation with MS and Ninty both deciding to hit the refresh button on or before the 5year mark.

I don't believe the kinect excuse, in my opinion the 13 countries were a strategic decision by MS, cause they thought they could get a sales edge in those big markets this christmas just by being more available there. Looks like that was a misjudgement on their part.

GribbleGrunger said:

It's quite amusing watching people use the tried and tested dismissal of 'It's always been Sony land'. I wonder if that same tactic will be used in 'MS land' America ... ?

Thing is America hasn't yet been MS land. Xbox came a distant second to PS2 and it came a close second to Wii. A console can only claim "ownership" of a market if it's been fairly dominant there for at least 2 consecutive generations. Yes that means everywhere was Sonyland and early sales in all markets suggest everywhere could still be Sonyland with last gen only being an aberration. We'll see I guess.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix