By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ps3 more powerfull than a PC

A few PC owners have been saying that current gen consoles such as ps4 and xbone are already outdated or will be more out dated by the end of this gen just by judging it on the specs, consoles specs should not be compared with pc specs, how many pc rigs can run games like the last of us with 512mb of RAM?  infact what would a current game look like running on 512mb of ram on a pc??

Around the Network

True, my brand new ACER notebook has 6 GB DDR3 RAM and games look like crap in it, nothing looks like PS3

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Technically, you can, in reality though, nobody will put in the effort since there is no "1st party" PC dev as no such thing exists.

PCs are just better period.

dahuman said:
Technically, you can, in reality though, nobody will put in the effort since there is no "1st party" PC dev as no such thing exists.

Even if there were, which one of the hundres of thousand possible builds would they optimise their game for?

Around the Network

http://bottomupcs.sourceforge.net/csbu/c1453.htm

they are heavily optimized for gaming specific things (i.e. floating point operations)
it is not a general purpose CPU like an ordinary X86 / AMD64

you are comparing different things.

3DS FC# 4553-9947-9017 NNID: Bajablo

Torn-City - MMO text based RPG, join me! :)

2 gbram. Radeon 5770 which is pretty cheap could out run circles around ps3. Intel 3k also pretty cheap. Probably could get it all less than a ps3.

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max

Bajablo said:
http://bottomupcs.sourceforge.net/csbu/c1453.htm

they are heavily optimized for gaming specific things (i.e. floating point operations)
it is not a general purpose CPU like an ordinary X86 / AMD64

you are comparing different things.

That is his point: pc people build a 8GB DDR3 rig and think it will be as powerful as a Xbox One, which is just not true at all, but this is just as pc people are...

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/0imu0m/thats-how-xbox-people-are

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

It already happened before PS4/xbox one came out:

BF4 graphics on PC are sometimes breathtaking beautifull..

Metro also deserved to be named:

Well... the ps3 is designed to do only one thing... and that is play games... PCs are designed to do more than that... Ram isn't the thing that lets you play games on high graphics... its the video card... So a PC with say a good 1GB video card (which you can get for pretty cheap these days) will beat the Ps3 in almost all occasions but PCs require more than 512 mb of ram cause its ment to do way more things and it has more applications running in the background

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850