By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Still in Stock PS4 Shoots to top of Amazon Charts, Refuses to Sell Out EDIT: SOLD OUT (900 PS4s sold in the last 30 minutes!)

EDIT: +900 PS4s sold in the last 30 minutes, refer to ethomaz' and following posts

A whopping 10 hours ago, we let you know that the incredibly-hard-to-find PS4 was suddenly back in stock on Amazon. At the time, we presumed that the console would sell out in minutes – after all, the last time the PS4 was on Amazon, they shifted 12,000 units in 27 minutes, before selling out.

But, despite being even closer to Christmas, the PS4 has yet to sell out.

Instead, the PS4 has rocketed up the Amazon video game charts and now sits comfortably at number 1, with the DualShock 4 close behind at number 2. When the console was unavailable, it fell down the charts and was at #62 until this sudden stock surge, at which point sales rose 6,100% according to Amazon’s Movers & Shakers in Video Games charts – although it’s unclear how they judge a rise in sales from zero.

PS4 bundles also saw sales bumps as some of them came back in stock:

For comparison, the Xbox One is in stock, but isn’t available before Christmas (which may be a deciding factor for many), and the base unit currently sits at number 20 on the charts. What is interesting, however, is that the Xbox One is leading the Most Wished For charts, with the PS4 at number two.

Giving us a deeper look at sales across the year is the Best Sellers of 2013 in Video Games charts, where the PS4 is 8th and the Xbox One 17th (if you were wondering, the $20 PSN card is number 1).

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/12/21/still-in-stock-ps4-shoots-to-top-of-amazon-charts-refuses-to-sell-out/

Around the Network

I will say it again. I never thought PS4 would have competed so well so early in the US.

Thanks for the fap material

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

I thought amazon didn't matter on this site?

Sounds like Sony got a lot of stock to the U.S this time around. Great news, glad to hear that :)

Around the Network

I don't know if this counts as a duplicate of this thread: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=174820&page=1# or this one: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=174807&page=1#

But you put a lot more effort into the OP than either of them did. (Lol nevermind copy and pasted from another site -- still more effort than them).

Metallicube said:
I thought amazon didn't matter on this site?

It is a good sign for things to come but doesnt display the whole picture of course.  The only thing bad about these threads are they spawn in waves.  Other than that I see no reason why they shouldnt exist.  Just so long as 10 doesnt spawn afterwards which is what happened :/

None the less it is great news to see Sony having plenty of stock for Ps4

No sell out? Doomed. Sell your PS4s its all over, its all about XBox One now.

Can we lock this thread now? We are ruining eBay...

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

I guess you can't even compare the PS4 to the madness that surrounded the Wii in its first couple of years.