By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Hyrule Warriors Doomed?

Is Hyrule Warriors Doomed??

DOOMED 51 20.40%

Probably 36 14.40%

Maybe not if it's more l... 75 30.00%

I like females with swords 88 35.20%

Total:250
S.T.A.G.E. said:
superhippy420 said:
I think its going to be a solid 1.5 - 2 million seller. In Japan Dynasty Warriors is a massive franchise, while Zelda is much more popular in the US. Its going to draw interest from fans of both games and if the number of hits on the youtube video (550k already) already shows this. To me it just looks like a more accessible style Zelda game to people who dont like the normal dungeon/puzzle solving type games.

Dude, Dynasty warriors exclusive to one console. I dont even know if one can even expect it to make a million. This game is going to be even more niche than Platinum Games title. Tecmo is the only third party I know who has a possibility of selling a lot lower than a Platinum Games exclusive. Platinum Games never built its name on a Nintendo console, nor were any associated akin with capcom when the the hack n slash genre was going semi-strong in the PS2 era.

As I've said before, Nintendo did the same thing with Star Fox. When they got desperate, they told Rare to just reskin their game with their Starfox characters. Smart? Yes and no. You see, Dinosaur adventures concept had nothing to do with the space ship flying of Starfox and Dynasty warriors gameplay style has nothing to do with the pacing of Zelda. 

Desperation.

Am I the only one that thinks the gameplay style sort of fits a Zelda game? The main thing in Zelda games are exploration, puzzle solving, and action. This is all action, making it sort of fitting for a Zelda game.

Around the Network

Nah, I'm sure it could do over a million lifetime. Also, they clearly said Hyrule Warriors wasn't "Zelda U" when they announced it, so don't even try that.

The worst outcome is not flopping, it's the game devaluing Zelda.

If the game is as poorly coded and shallow as that trailer and as past Dynasty Warriors games, it could cause people that pick it up to not want to buy Zelda U.

A modest 500K LTD seems about right. As a Zelda fan if the gameplay looks good and the reviews seem fair. I will most likely purchase it. However, the graphics definitely need alot more polish, imo.

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

Btw, why everything has to be "doomed" now? I understand this kinf of thinking when it comes to Wii U as it clearly struggles despite my love for it, yet why a new game has to be doomed already?

Let me ask - is ryse doomed?
Is barack doomed?
is vg chartz doomed?

OMG!!!11one! vg chartz overtracked 3ds by 100,000! VG CHARTZ YZ DUUMD

please don't overuse this term, as it may loose its value :)

Around the Network
Soleron said:

If the game is as poorly coded and shallow as that trailer and as past Dynasty Warriors games, it could cause people that pick it up to not want to buy Zelda U.

People shouldn't expect a lot from a spinoff. If they do, it's their own damn fault.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Soleron said:

That might be a concern if Zelda was a franchise that heavily appealed to the masses but I think the vast majority of potential Zelda purchasers won't confuse this with being a proper Zelda game.

AZWification said:
Soleron said:

People shouldn't expect a lot from a spinoff. If they do, it's their own damn fault.

Nintendo will be promoting it as THE Zelda game of 2014. It would be Nintendo's fault for letting a key brand of theirs be associated with a low quality product. Like Zelda CD-i or Mario's Time Machine.

archbrix said:
Soleron said:

That might be a concern if Zelda was a franchise that heavily appealed to the masses but I think the vast majority of potential Zelda purchasers won't confuse this with being a proper Zelda game.

Nintendo obviously still think it can sell to the mass-market still or it wouldn't be their longest and most expensive game to make.

Damkos said:
I was never into Dynasty Warriors. Now I am. I'm buying Hyrule/Zelda Warriors day one and I strongly consider now buying warriors orochi for Wii U or some other title for PC.

I can't be the only one who thinks this way.

This is awesome promotion for Koei, I just don't see what Nintendo get from it.