By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony the Undisputable Winner in Home Console sales?

Can PS3 overtake Wii?

Yes 182 34.73%

No 254 48.47%

Maybe 88 16.79%

Total:524
pezus said:
softcoregamer82 said:
No, they won two generations and Nintendo won three as it stands today. You can't ignore consoles before Sony, unless you're a fan boy. But they have sold more home consoles overall, which is impressive given that Nintendo was around longer.

We can, since Sony wasn't around back then to beat Nintendo. 

Right. Here we are talking about the all time console leader, and it turns out that Nintendo didn't win the NES and SNES generations since Sony wasn't in the business yet.  Gaming history began in 1994.  Said the Sony fanboy.. Just like I predicted.

~Mod Edit~

This post has been moderated.

-Smeags

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
PlayStation is simply the biggest brand in the industry on a Worldwide scale and has been since about 1998.

I dont think this can be argued against.

Actually it can.  The Wii was bigger worldwide for several years even though it was abandoned prematurely 

Metallicube said:
I love how obsessed sony fans are with "WINNING!!!" everything. It's like their games just aren't that fun so they must find another way to enjoy their Sony fandom.. By constantly gloating about how much "THEY WIN!" even though Sony's success has absolutely nothing to do with them personally (and even when they sell the most they usually lose millions in the process). So.. yea.. GO SONY!

are you calling seece a sony fan? LOL!! might as well call rolstoppable and kowen sony fans too. 

No. The support for PS3 will be pulled before they even get within the 10 million range.

prayformojo said:
Well, Sony is already the undisputed winner in combined console sales. As far as outselling Wii, I don't think so. They'll kill it off before that happens. It's not going to have the legs that PS2 had.

why not the legs are looking great so far. once they drop it to 149$ and 99$, it will most likely pass the wii cause of world wide sales.

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
i would change the PS4 from "winner" to "winning". basically your thread revolves around the premise of the PS3 turning around and winning the gen, but you deny the Xbox one and the WiiU to even have the same opportunity. The gen is literally just at the start.

the WIIU has no chance of winning this, third party support is alread dead for it and its trailing behind the dreamcast.

pezus said:
softcoregamer82 said:
No, they won two generations and Nintendo won three as it stands today. You can't ignore consoles before Sony, unless you're a fan boy. But they have sold more home consoles overall, which is impressive given that Nintendo was around longer.

We can, since Sony wasn't around back then to beat Nintendo. 

Chances are 90% of the people on this forum were not even alive when the NES was released. 

Metallicube said:
I love how obsessed sony fans are with "WINNING!!!" everything. It's like their games just aren't that fun so they must find another way to enjoy their Sony fandom.. By constantly gloating about how much "THEY WIN!" even though Sony's success has absolutely nothing to do with them personally (and even when they sell the most they usually lose millions in the process). So.. yea.. GO SONY!

Seems to be a lot of that on this forum for all the companies.

People don't realize that a Sony (or worse, Microsoft) without competition is not the same Sony that they see today.  Kind of like some have stated, the fact that PS3 stumbled out of the gate is the reason your PS4 is $399 and not $799.

Sony will probably keep the PS3 on the market til at least 2016, so that's at least 2 full years of sales for it. I also see Sony pushing it in the regions the PS2 blossomed in at the end of its life. The PS3 may not pass the Wii, but its going to be freaking close.

PS4 isn't the winner yet. It hasn't even outsold the Wii U yet. You could say PS4 is going to outsell it, (Which it is, most likely) but it can't be winning in console sales unless it outsells the all the competition, which it hasn't yet.

3... 2... 1... and here comes the replies telling me how I'm being stupid.