By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS Vita sales jump 68% following PS4 launch

Tagged games:

Metrium said:
Do they think they are kidding anyone? Are we supposed to think that it's because of the PS4 and that it has nothing to do with a little thing called ''christmas shopping''?

Still terrible numbers, terrible for a handheld, terrible in genera, terrible with the fact that the PS4 (their so called hope for the vita'' came out and terrible considering the holydays. Sony really needs to stop masking the truth, same with Nintendo and their WiiU.

This.

Except I would not call the Wii U an epic flop like the Vita just yet. Sure it will never be a Wii or close to Xbox One / PS4, but I think it might climb a little when the major Nintendo games release.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network

I have considered getting a Vita for the RPGs but lets just be realistic, the thing is screwed. It already has Uncharted,LBP,Killzone,Resistance,God of War,COD,AC,Hot Shots Golf, and a bunch of ports and other games and they have only managed to move 6.7 million in two years. I keep seeing people trashing the Wii U sales, and granted they have not been great, but by the time 2 years comes (Next November) its going to be at atleast 12 million and thats a low estimate, considering how much of a boost only one bundle and one game gave it. If Sony drops a $499 bundle where you get a PS4 and a Vita then it could survive but otherwise this thing is on pace to be Game Gear 2.0.

Xenostar said:
Yousaying w what else followed the PS4 launMarket mas swouldnHelp Ithem  all consoles saw a boost after the PS4 launch. Are Nintendo going to thank Sony for that too?

They have... Reggie thanked saying console releases rekindle the market and would help them move units.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Wii U numbers also increased in parts of the world following the Xbox One launch.

Love and tolerate.

DirtyP2002 said:
Metrium said:
Do they think they are kidding anyone? Are we supposed to think that it's because of the PS4 and that it has nothing to do with a little thing called ''christmas shopping''?

Still terrible numbers, terrible for a handheld, terrible in genera, terrible with the fact that the PS4 (their so called hope for the vita'' came out and terrible considering the holydays. Sony really needs to stop masking the truth, same with Nintendo and their WiiU.

This.

Except I would not call the Wii U an epic flop like the Vita just yet. Sure it will never be a Wii or close to Xbox One / PS4, but I think it might climb a little when the major Nintendo games release.

I agree with you. I'm not calling it a epic flop either. But Nintendo needs to stop doing similar comments like Sony's by using stats out of context to make them look good.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

Around the Network
ganoncrotch said:
Cobretti2 said:
LOL total BS.

I got the Vita because it was on sale for $199 a whole $50 cheaper than a 3DS.

and you can now get that mem card + 10 games for 30euros. Time to shove that in the face of 3ds owners how vita owners buy more games for their systems, ya know.... games that come free with a memory card.

When the announcement was made about vita owners buying lots of games, it was during E3. The new bundles with several games launched later this year.

Guess what that makes you comment be. :P

I hope this continues

Nem said:
ganoncrotch said:
Cobretti2 said:
LOL total BS.

I got the Vita because it was on sale for $199 a whole $50 cheaper than a 3DS.

and you can now get that mem card + 10 games for 30euros. Time to shove that in the face of 3ds owners how vita owners buy more games for their systems, ya know.... games that come free with a memory card.

When the announcement was made about vita owners buying lots of games, it was during E3. The new bundles with several games launched later this year.

Guess what that makes you comment be. :P

and still 3DS software >>>>>>> Vita software. But anyway...

Click HERE and be happy 

The psVita software is starting to glow. Many people just don't know about those titles yet. And don't try and compare it with the 3ds software, is very different but enjoyable as well. Different experiences.

Wii U is a big flop considering it was released with no competition and the fact that Wii had greater success. No excuse for Wii U flop. And has a ton of renowned games praised by the critics everyday and tons of advertising.

EricFabian said:

and still 3DS software >>>>>>> Vita software. But anyway...

40m userbase shifts more software than <7m userbase? Who saw that coming?

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.