By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Are Nintendo Directs viewable in 3DS?

Tagged games:

Have you watched Nintendo Direct videos with Nintendo devices?

Yes, with the 3DS! 0 0%

Yes, with the Wii U! 3 42.86%

Nope 2 28.57%

See results 2 28.57%

Total:7

I tried to find some app for it in the 3DS eshop but I can't find it. Is it updated in the Nintendo video app or something? And are the trailers for 3DS games in 3D?

And I finally have a 3DS! Actually, it's my brother's but I'm hogging it for now so I'll call it mine : P

Around the Network

I think you can watch them on the Eshop, but maybe with the update you can't anymore. If you can't, I would assume you can with the YouTube app.

They are put there after the Directs are over for awhile (both 3DS+WiiU)

They're viewable on the eShop, but not Live. If you want to view them firsthand, virtually any device capable of streaming video is preferable.

Love and tolerate.

Dang, I guess I'll stick to using my PC to watch Nintendo directs live. Would have been convenient to watch it live with a 3DS. And thanks for the answers guys!

Around the Network

unfortunately they are only viewable at live on wii u.

“On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer.” - Satoru Iwata

They appear in the eShop shortly after the ND has aired. As well as on youtube.

With the new youtube app, you should be able to play it via 3DS.

However the live stream, I've never tried on either.

I watch on my phone though. Android.

So I'd think it would work, but I simply don't know.

I've previously used both to view the Nintendo Directs, so I can't vote. If you're asking if you can, I can say yes, at least before the 3ds update. Still pretty sure you can.

tbone51 said:
They are put there after the Directs are over for awhile (both 3DS+WiiU)

They're still there even after being moved off of the front page. You'll just have to search for them from then on.